A secret love

Sasuke and Naruto laid on the floor of the Hokage's office. The sharp cold of the wooden floors stung the bare skin, but in each other's arms, the two were perfectly comfortable and content.

Sasuke's eyes wondered as he stared at the details of the room, the pictures of each village leader who came before, photos of their younger days and Naruto's beautiful family, along with mountains, and mountains, of stacked paper and scrolls scattered along his desk and against the walls.

"Naruto..." Sasuke spoke softly in his usual somber tone.

"Hmm?" the now sleepy lord 7th responded, instinctively placing his hand in Sasuke's hair and kissing the top of his head.
"You need to find a better filing system. This place is a hazard."

"Gaaaaaaah" Naruto pretended to be angry, "So what!? You think you could do this any better?" his exaggerated fox like expressions were clearly readable, even in the dim of the moonlit office.

"It's not my fault you're so terribly organized that we could be buried under paper at any moment. Kakashi's office never was this cluttered"

Naruto couldn't help but chuckle, "I guess you're right. Add that to the list of things I'm not great at." He poked his overly serious lover in the chest, "at least I can still kick your ass!"

"Ha!" Sasuke shot up to sitting position, "like hell you can old man!" his eyes got dark, his voice slightly terrifying, "You've gotten too soft sitting behind that damn desk." The boy's overly competitive sides began showing through. "you couldn't even beat me in a race to the village gate, Usuratonkachi."

"Fine, how about an arm wresting match?" cackled Naruto, though the laughter ended as Sasuke landed a very hard punch in the blonde's bandaged arm. "fuuuu." Naruto winced, "be gentle with me."

"You've never said that to me before..." Sasuke settled back down to his spot.

With a blush rushing to his cheeks, "Don't say such embarrassing things." Naruto mumbled, trying to keep himself from initiating another round.

Naruto squeezed Sasuke tightly by his side, preparing to say his least favorite thing, "It's getting late, Sasuke..." His voice trailed off, he knew their time together was coming to an end. Once again, they would have to go back to their roles, and pretend that their love didn't exist. "I promised Hinata that I would be home tonight..."

Luckily, Sasuke was very versed in suppressing his emotions so his fox wouldn't see his disappointment. Naruto flung up and stared at his partner, fear showing through his masculine features, "You look like you're going to kill me..." an involuntary grin crept on his face as his expression softened.

"You think I would be better at hiding my disappointment by now."

"You know why we have to be careful..." a sad seriousness coated the words as Naruto stared at the floor. Sasuke could read just about everything going through the mind of his love, he could feel his pain every time they had to say goodbye - it was heartbreaking.

Sasuke got up to his knees, leaning his chest against Naruto's back, wrapping his arm around the kage's neck, and placed a soft kiss next to his ear. Naruto gently placed his hand on Sasukes knee behind him, shifting his weight as he leaned back to meet Sasuke's lips for another kiss.

"damnit..." Sasuke looked deeply in those crystal blue eyes, that were looking slightly mischievous. He cocked his eyebrow as Naruto turned him self around and pushed Uchiha back down to the floor, and pressed his lips against Sasuke's once again with the same passion as when they were younger. He pulled away for a moment, "I guess one more time won't hurt" He whispered, trying to justify his actions.