A Bar Named Sue

⚠️♂️♂️

Naruto stormed into his house, threw off his shoes, dumping his cloak on the floor. Muttering profane nonsense, "goddamn.... motherf.... ef you Uchiha.... bstrd....grumble grumble."

"Hinata, I'm home, but I'm NOT if anyone asks. Going upstairs to sleep indefinitely." He shouted as he stomped up the stairs.

"OK honey" Hinata's voice came from somewhere in the house, not that he paid it any attention.  

Plopping down on the bed. He buried his head in all of the pillows to block out the light and any noise. Not only was he in a foul mood, but he also had the worst migraine of his life.

Once settled, he tried to clear his mind, which was now full of frustrating clutter.  He closed his eyes tight. 'Sasuke, I can't believe he ran away from me again.' Without thinking about it, his hand clenched at his chest. 'I thought you wanted the same thing.' Shaking his head, feeling like an idiot expecting any sort of commitment from the Uchiha.

Recalling the last time they were together, racking his brain to figure out why. Why did he feel like he had to make me forget completely?  Did I do something wrong?

He tried his best to remember the last few moments of the day in the hospital, but his mind was so loud and felt so scattered, that it was difficult.

"I remember, he kissed me and told me he loved me. Promised to protect me." He rubbed the space between his brows and bounced his leg as though it would cause something in there to fall out.

'... I can't be the anchor that holds you down...'

Naruto shot up in the bed, feeling like the biggest asshole.

Yes, today was painful- but he got all of his beautiful memories back. He remembered Sasuke, and how he made him feel. How everything he had done in his youth was solely to be strong enough to bring Sasuke back to his side. He was his strength, AL either his weakness. His motivation, and ultimately the only person that could alter his path. 

The thoughts attached to Sasuke, they are the ones that carried his passions, his desires, and overall his sense of self. They were all so tightly embedded in each of those moments in time, that for the first time in five years- Naruto didn't feel like a shell.

"Sasuke has been alone out there all this time..." knowing without a doubt that Sasuke's feelings were just as strong now as they were that last day, his heart panged at the pain and loneliness his teme must have felt. He had all of his memories, he had to live with knowing what was and had to be reminded of what he lost every time he saw me... "It's just like back then. I didn't know what I had lost, he knew that he had lost our bond."

"Ugh, and Shikamaru was probably just doing what he thought was best too..." he rubbed his forehead. "He's always ten moves ahead."

Done pouting and throwing his temper tantrum. He jumped up, ran back down the stairs, put his shoes back on, grabbed his Hokage cloak, and dashed to the office.

First, he looked in Shikamaru's little office. Nothing was packed up, but his advisor wasn't there. "Shit." He stomped his foot a little. "I'm going to have e to go to his house..." he shivered as he thought of the potential beating from Temari if he interrupted their dinner again.  Deciding that the potential beat down was worth it to talk to his friend, he headed towards his office to grab his wallet and maybe jot down his final will and testament.

He walked in to find his advisor, sitting at the Hokage's desk, completing the mountains of paperwork and tasks that had been left by Naruto's sudden disappearance.