Another Mission

This chapter is dedicated to my beautiful friend , blondebucky Who has just started reading my fanfic and leaves the most wonderful and encouraging comments! Thank you so much friend!

(She also has a MEGA ton of amazing content and fanfics! Go check them out!)

  I stood next to Hunter, watching Tech navigate the Havoc Murauder under a large transport vessel.

He presses a hand to the small of my back. Since our, 'confession', he seems to always have physical contact with me.. at least I notice it now. Our hands brushing together, his hand on my knee.

  "Does this actually work?" I ask as the ship shakes. Tech flips the ship upside down, shimmying it under the vessel. It creaks as it makes contact with the ships metal.

"This old trick?" Echo asks uncertainly, his eyes on the nearing planet.

"It gets us past the planetary sensors every time." Tech states, pressing multiple buttons along the desk board in clicks and whistles.

  "What makes a tactical droid more important than any other droid?" Omega asks, holding up a hologram of the human-like droid. Echo turns to her, giving her his full attention.

"The more tactical droid fought, the more they learned," he explains. "And the more they won."

"But not against us!" Wrecker exclaims, elbowing Tech's seat, almost sending him sprawling. Tech shakes it off, his hands still on the controls. He turns to Omega.

"With clones serving the newly formed empire, knowing how to defeat them just went up in value." He explains.

"We are approaching the De-commissioning site." Echo says, and they both turn back to their work, their hands firmly placed on the two controls.

Hunter shifts forward, placing a hand on Tech's seat.

"We can land at the industrial dock yard," Echo says, reaching past me to flip a switch. "Then we can go in on foot."

I grip onto Echo's seat as Tech preforms a series of flips as he unattached himself from the vessel, moving down towards the planets surface.

It is well past nightfall, and as the ship comes down to land, I notice the dark factories, which large imposing shapes seeming to push down on us.

I shudder, and Hunter pats my back comfortingly, before starting down the ship. Omega scurries up, quickly following him.
I wait until the rest of the squad files out, before I take up the back of the group. I rub my hands together as we move as a unit through the ship. Grabbing my helmet, I slip on my helmet as the door opens, my hands on my rifle.

Tech has provided some rifle glue, and I fixed the broken sight to the best of my abilities. At least it didn't rattle with every shot now.

The group crouches behind a wall, Tech and Hunter peaking around. I glance around behind us, taking in the sheer size of the facility.

"Sid didn't tell us this place was manned by Police droids." Hunter says to Tech, frustration in his tone.

"They are operating on a rotating Quadron scan. If timed correctly, there is an entry point in their blind spot." He glances upward, before standing.

"Follow me." We fall in single file, quickly moving to what appears to be a fire escape. Hunter starts up the ladder, with Tech quickly following after him.

"Oh no." Wrecker groans, and I put a hand on his shoulder.

"It's okay big guy. Just don't look down." I say.