Saleucami

I sit in a passenger seat, tapping my foot as I observe the stars flying past the viewport.

"So,"  Tech says, turning in his seat to face me.  "You are a bounty hunter."
I freeze.  It wasn't a question.  He knew.

"Yeah, I was."  I say uncertainly.  He nods, tilting his head.  He is quiet, observing me.

"What else do you know about me?"  I ask hesitantly.

"Your full name is Delta Ava Shand, sister to the renowned bounty hunter Fennec Shand.  You are known for your precise head shots with a sniper rifle and you went missing from the guild a year ago.  I connected the dots and assumed that was when you started your job for Nala Se."

I cross my arms across my chest as Echo pokes his head into the room.

"Tech, stop being a creep and scaring Delta."

I stand up.  "It's.... fine.  Just a bit disturbing is all."

Echo nods to me. "Come with me, I could use your help."

  I follow him down the passageway, taking note of the layout of the ship.

"What's her name?"  I ask curiously.

"We call her the Havoc Marauder."

"She's beautiful."  I breath.  Echo tilts his head to look at me.

"Do you fly?"

 I nod.  "Yes, but I haven't in a while."  He leads me to a small room off the back of the ship.

(I struggled to write this part.... Do clones do laundry?)

Part of the room appeared to be storage, although it was bare.  On the left hand side, however, there were two small machines.  Echo pops a door open on one, pulling out a pile of dry blacks into a box.  He struggled with his mechanical hand, so I step next to him.

"Here,"  I pull out the rest, smiling at him.  He smiles  at me, gesturing to a bench.

  "If you would like, you can start folding them over there."  I put the box of clean clothes on the metal, dumping it and starting to fold.

Echo joined me, and we began folding in a comfortable silence.

"I'm sorry about Tech,"  Echo started.  "He tends to do an extensive amount of research on everyone.  It makes him seem like a creep, but in all honesty, he is just curious."  I nod in understanding.

"Of course."  I am quiet for a second before I look up at him.  "Is his enhancement higher brain storage?"

Echo grins at me.  "You could say that."  He wipes his brow.  "Wrecker's enhancement is obviously strength, Crosshair his amazing eyesight, and Hunter has heighten senses."  He pauses before he continues.  "It's hard for them sometimes.  Wrecker is always afraid he is going to break something.
    When Crosshair was younger, he was absolutely terrified of the dark.
    And Hunter struggles with human contact.  He learned to deal with it to help his brothers after nightmares, but it still makes him uncomfortable."

  We go back to being quiet, Echo focused on his work and me on my thoughts:

Soon, we had a neatly folded pile of blacks in front of each of us.

"Thank you.  These boys are rather useless."  Echo states.

I grin at him.   "Don't mention it."

                                         ****
(Time slip brought to you by Tech and his uselessly useful information.)

I have my back against the droid, Gonky, with Omega's head on my lap.  When the initial thrill of hyperspace wore off, Omega Insisted that Wrecker show her every inch of the ship.

   And, three hours later, she was sound asleep. 
   A few feet away from us lay Wrecker, occasional snores sounding from his mouth.

I hear the soft sound of boots, and I look up to see Hunter standing in the doorway.  I find myself thinking that he looks ridiculously handsome in this lighting.  He meets my gaze.

I wave at him with my free hand and immediately feel stupid, awkwardly putting my hand down and avoiding eye contact.

Echo joins him and I stroke Omega's hair, straining my ears to hear what they were saying.  I hear Omega and I's names, but that's all.
   Tech calls out something from the cockpit, and Hunter makes his way back to the front of the ship.

  Echo tilts his head towards me.
    "We are nearing Saleucami.  We should probably wake them."

   I nod, gently shaking Omega.
       "Omega, love."  She opens her eyes, yawning before stretching her arms above her head.

  "Hullo!"

  I smile.  "Hello, love.  Time to get up."  She nods, sitting up.  I stretch out my legs, standing up and waking to Wrecker.

  "Hey, Wrecker."  I put a hand on his shoulder.  "Hey, big guy."  I say again when he opens his eyes.

  "Hey, Delta."  He groans, rubbing his eyes.  "Are we almost there?"  I nod.  He sits up, and I move back to the cockpit.

   "Do you need help landing?" I ask Tech, standing behind him.

  "I do not, but you may help if you wish."  I plop down in the do-pilots seat, waiting for him to instruct me.

   "You can align the rear thrusters while I bring us down and stabilize the landing gear." 

   I bite my lip in concentration, tapping the correct  buttons to follow Tech's instructions.

   We land in an open clearing, the ship jolting slightly when we make contact.

  Tech adjusts his goggles.  "That is sufficient."
  I smile at him, because I feel that that is the closest thing to praise I can get from Tech.

Hey my fellow Batchers!!

   This weekends meet went well, but I was very busy and that is why this chapter is shorter.  To make up for that, here is a picture of my parrot no one asked for.

Until we meet again!!

-Kena