"To protect her..."

"Omega," I whisper, kindly rubbing her shoulder.  "Omega, love,"

She turns over, rubbing her eyes.  Her short blonde hair is a mess, sticking out every which way.    "Hullo,"  She says groggily, blinking and looking up at me.

"Hello," I reply, stroking her hair.  "It's time to get up." 

   She nods, sitting up in her small bed.  I help her make the covers neat.  Everything about our bunks is small.  Grey bed frames, stiff grey mattresses, itchy white sheets and plain white walls.  It smells of cleaner, just like the rest of the facility.  Omega doesn't seem to mind.  It's all she's ever known.  I lean on the door frame, watching as she brushes her teeth.  She catches my eye and smiles.

"You look very pretty today," She says, turning off the sink.  I smile at her, because she says the same thing every day.  She says the same thing every morning.  She says the same thing even though I only wear my blue nursing scrubs.

"You look very nice as well, Omega."  I respond.  She hands me her headpiece, and I gently clip it to her head, making sure it's centered.  I sit down on a stool, and she clips mine on.  It's weight on my forehead is familiar, comforting.

"You ready to go?" I ask, picking my bag up off the counter and slinging it over my shoulder. "Yep!" She replies cheerily, opening the door.  I withhold a sigh.  Another long day ahead.

-------------------------------

A world of blinding white.  The hallways of the Kamoan Cloning Facility are a sanitary white.  My eyes feel as if they are starved of color.

   Omega skips along beside me, her eyes trailing over each passing clone.  They don't acknowledge us anymore.  I look down at our intertwined hands.  Our complexions seem to be at odds with each other, with her pale skin versus my tan.  She has charming hazel eyes and gorgeous blonde hair.  I have darker skin, and wide set grey eyes.  My best feature is my hair.  On the rare occasion I let it down, it falls in brown waves past my shoulders.

   Omega stops her skipping, looking up at me.
"Do you think Clone force 99 will come back today?"  She asks, her hazel orbs widening in excitement.  I shrug.

  "I don't know, love.  I assume they will come back when they have finished their mission."
   Her interest in the Clones is justified: they are the only ones like her.

Standing at the end of the Hallway is Nala Se, a long necked kamoan.  We come to a stop next to her.
   "Hello, girls."  She says, nodding her head.  I bow mine.

   "Good morning, Mistress Nala."

      "Hullo!" Omega chirps, smiling widely at her.  Nala Se's mouth turns upwards, but there is no other hint of emotion on her pale face. 

   "Hello, young one.  Come with me.  We are needed elsewhere."

   I nod, following her down the hallway.  Nala Se has the slow, graceful walk unique to the Kamoans, which makes it easy to keep pace with her.

   "What is on our agenda today, Ma'am?"  I question, pulling a holopad from my bag.  Omega gently tugs on my bag, reaching inside and grabbing her smaller one.  She is like my shadow.  A pretty little shadow.

   I watch Nala Se's blue eyes blue eyes scan the hallway, which is filled with soldiers.  I shut my mouth.  It's confidential.  I must wait until we are behind closed doors.

   At a light grey door, Nala Se presses her hand to a pad.  There is a quiet whirring, then the door slides open.  There are many kamoan nurses leading injured clones, and medical droids are zooming about.

     A levitating grey droid speeds up to us.  His eyes flash, a droid version of blinking.
      "Good day, Omega."  He says, doing an excited spin.

    "Good day to you too, AZI."  Omega says, patting his head.  AZI-3 is a cute, trustworthy medical droid.

   "Oh," He remarks, trailing behind us as we follow Nala Se deeper into the hospital.  "Good day to you, as well, Mistress Delta." I give the droid a small smile.

"Well," he buzzes.  "I must be off."  With that, he turns and zooms away, his large head slightly tilted.

  Nala Se's Office is at the edge of the hospital.  Here, the rumble of the constant storms is louder. Inside, she has a large desk facing a window.  Rain and wind beat at it, trying to break it like a rabid animal.

"Omega," she says, retrieving a pen from her desk.  Omega smiles, taking it from her outstretched hand.

 "Thank you!" She chirps, plopping down in one of the empty chairs.  Doodling on her pad, she bites her lip in concentration.  Nala Se sits down in the chair behind her desk, folding her hands in front of her.  I remain standing, watching her.

"Something very alarming has happened, Delta."  

  I frown.  She pulls a clear pad from under her desk.  It glows when she presses it.  It flashes once, twice, three times before it projects a holographic image of a Clone Commander in full armor, standing with his blaster pointed at his Jedi General.  She has her back to him, and is painfully unaware that she is being betrayed.  I swallow the lump that forms in my throat.

      "They triggered the inhibitor chip, I assume?"

Nala Se nods. "They executed the order without a thought."  She looks around her office, as it afraid.  Afraid of being overheard. "The Prime Minister wants us to be happy that our years of scientific research is finally paying off....." she trails off, and I frown.

      "Did the Prime Minister arrange the order himself?"

"It was all ordered by chancellor Palpatine himself."

My brain struggles to process this new information.

"He ordered the destruction of the Jedi?  But they have been loyal to him for.. for  years."  She reaches out, and I tentatively place my hand in hers.

   "Delta, listen to me.  This is a dangerous time we are in.  An unpredictable time.  Trust no one. Do you remember why I brought you here?"

  I glance over at Omega.
 "You brought me here to protect her."  Nala Se nods.

   "And she must stay safe.  I greatly care for both of you.  Please, stay vigilant."  A shiver of fear runs through me, but my face remains emotionless as I nod.

  "Of course, ma'am.  I will protect her with my life."

Wow. Happy Christmas Eve everyone! The first chapter of My TBB fanfic has been posted! Let me know what you think. I hope you like it, sorry the first chapter isn't that long.

Comment suggestions here. :)

Happy holidays!

(Also sorry for any typos.)