The assignment

A very short chapter... oh well.

  I'm not sure I spelled some stuff correctly, but I added a couple cool details that might be more important later on. :)

  Hope y'all have a wonderful read!

  "Kriffing Liar." I mutter as I follow behind Wrecker into Sid's office, anger slowly dissipating.

  It is a sizable room, with shelves filling most of the wall space. Various weaponry can be seen as wall decor: from shining blades to blasters, and a small cylindrical canister that looks suspiciously like a light sword can be seen in the corner of the room. Sid moves to behind her desk, placing her claw-like hands on it.

  "The Jedi valued me for my insight." She says, her eyes going to each member of the group. "But now that they're all dead, the demand for my services has declined." She crosses her arms, her frustration evaded. "Thanks to this new empire."

  "Times have changed," Hunter agrees. "For all of us."

  "No kidding!" She says, waving her hand at us. "I've never had Clone Deserters along with a Bounty Hunter come to me before."

  I stiffen, stepping forward.

  "How did you know?" I hiss, placing both my hands on her desk.

  "I know a Bounty Hunter when I see one, Princess." She said, glaring at me. "You walk like a predator, not prey like a lot of girls that come through here." She smiles. "Too be fair, I would rather get on Mr. Dark and Broody's bad side then yours." She says, gesturing to Hunter.

  I frown, stepping back and crossing my arms.

  "Enough with the pleasantries," she snaps. "What do you want?"

  Echo steps past me, placing his helmet on Sid's desk. Kneeling down by her projector, he put his mechanical arm into the socket.

  "Be my guest, make yourselves at home." Sid says sarcastically, watching as Echo pulls up a hologram of my sister.

  "This is master assassin Fennec Shand," Hunter says, stepping forward so he is next to me. "We encountered her on Pantora. We need to find out who hired her."

  "Fennec Shand huh?" She says, leaning back against her desk. "You are in deep Bantha Fodder."

  "Tell me about it." I snip, placing a hand on my hip. Sid places a hand on her chin, her yellow eyes observing us.

  "I'll tell you what. You do a job for me, and I'll give you your intel."  The group is silent, and they turn to Hunter. He sighs, glancing at Sid.

  "What kind of job?" He asks. Sid sits down in her chair, dusting off what looks like a decoration on her desk.

  "A Rescue," she says, leaning back. "It's a nice bounty on a Kid names Muchi. My sources said she was taken by Sigerian Slavers, who have her holed up on the other side of the planet. Bring me the kid, and I'll get you your intel."

  "Well who collects the bounty?" Wrecker asks, his deep voice ringing across the room.

  "Oh, look, it talks." Sid says. I glare at her, crossing my arms. She pulls out a card, most likely with Information stored on it.
  "We spit the bounty, seventy-thirty, my favor, take it or leave it." She snaps.

  "Grab a kid from a few Sigerians?" Wrecker asks, passing his helmet from hand to hand. "We could do that in our sleep!" He smiles at Omega, and they move out of the room.

  "Looks like a deal then." Sid says, throwing the card to Hunter. He catches it, his eyes still warily on the alien.

  "The details of the bounty are on that there chip." She says, and we turn. "Don't screw it up." She snaps, I spin around, a growl rising in my throat.

  Hunter puts an arm around my waist, dragging me out of the room.

  "See? Like having another child." He says, sighing.

Question of the chapter:

  Should I start a petition that Omega gets armor during the second season of Bad Batch?

  I'm very tempted.

This is the way!