Beautiful

He seems surprised when I laugh. There is an edge of disbelief in my chuckle as I look in between the two of them.

They both look back at me solemnly.

"Wait... are you serious?" I ask, my laughter fading.

Hunter sighs, running his fingers through his brown locks.

"I'm very serious. Although, I would have preferred if you learned about this differently." He says, shooting a glare at Echo.

"And what about Mesh'la?" I ask, placing a hand on my hip. Hunter looks embarrassed, but he meets my gaze.

"It means beautiful."

It takes a second for me to process, and I look up at him with wide eyes.

"Really?" I choke out, my heart hammering in my chest.

"I will stop if you don't want me calling you that— I mean, I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable—" he says quickly, and Echo chuckles.

"Look at the two of you. Like a couple of flustered teenagers!"

We both shoot him a glare, and he raises his hands in surrender.

"We have arrived!" Tech calls from the cockpit, and I feel the engines power down beneath my feet as he begins to land.

"We'll talk about this later." I say, adjusting the armor on my forearms as I hear Muchi start to wake up, her grumbling roars reaching us.

"Look, Del—" I raise my hand.

"Later Hunter, please. I need to think about this." He closes his mouth, giving me a quiet nod. I slip out of the hallway, avoiding Echo's pointed gaze.

(Time skip brought to you by THE FACT THAT WE REACHED 5.2K READS!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH ILY ALL!!🎉🎉)

I take my helmet off, observing the back alley that what's our agreed Rendezvous with Sid and her client. Omega giggles, clinging to Muchi's shoulders as the rancor follows Wrecker.

It appears that Tech was correct— not that any of us doubted him. During our short flight here, Muchi had listened to Wrecker well.

"Good job, Muchi." Omega tells her, patting the Rancor's big head.

"Who's a good Rancor?" Wrecker asks, scratching Muchi under her chin. She grumbles happily, leaning into his touch.

The door to Sid's office slides open, and a pale Twi'lek rushes out. His eyes widen when he sees the Rancor, and he rushes to her. Two Pig-like guards come out of the tunnel behind him, closely followed by Sid.

"Muchi!" He exclaims, speaking to her in an alien language that sounds like Huttese. I hold out my hand, helping Omega slide off Muchi's back. She gives me a smile, standing next to Wrecker and slipping her small hand into his large one.

  Sid shoves her way past the guards, ignoring how they squeal in protest.

  "See Bib," she says to the Twi'lek. "All is well. Now, about the matter of Payment."

  Bib turns, snapping his fingers. One of the pig-men step forward, handing Sid three containers that I assumes hold credits. She pats them before tucking them under her arm.

After the small group walks out of the alley and out of sight, she turns to us.

"I've gotta say, Fellas, I wasn't sure you could pull this job off."

"You could have told us we where after a Rancor," Echo sasses, gesturing over his shoulder to where Muchi departed.

"Oh," she says. "It must have slipped my mind. You," she points at Hunter. "Dark and Broody.  My office." As she turns, Hunter glances at Echo, who gives him a quick nod.

  As he walks through the door, Wrecker groans, slumping against the wall.

  "Now we have to wait." He grumbled, and Omega crossed her arms, leaning against the wall.

  "Maybe Sid will have information on Delta's sister." She said hopefully, tilting her head. I nod, watching the end of the alley where passerby can be seen, going about their daily lives.

  "Hey," Echo stands next to me, gently putting his hand on my arm. "You okay?" I shrug.

  "I don't know, Echo. I guess I've just... never been in a relationship like this before." I give him a smile. "I've never had someone call me 'beloved' or 'beautiful', either."

  Echo nods in understanding.
  "Hunter is not the most Talkative of us. He's kind though."

  I nod again, thinking of how he treats Omega. Of how he treats me.

  "Yeah. I know."

****

I sit down in the Havoc Murauder, putting my head in my hands. I'm tired, but I don't have time to sleep... we are already headed to our next mission.

The quiet rumble of the ship can be heard as we travel to an industrial site off world, for another assignment that Sid has us working on. We have to capture a tactical droid's head from a factory where they are destroying separatist droids and all of their data.

Omega is passed out in her 'room', and everyone is being quiet so she can sleep. Echo and Tech are in the Cockpit, and Wrecker is working out.

There's the quiet sound of footsteps, and I look up at Hunter. He wants to talk to me... and I have been avoiding it until now.

"Do you need anything?" Hunter asks. I shake my head, waving at the seat across from me. There's a click of shoulder pads as he removes some of his uncomfortable armor, sitting down across from me.

We are quiet for a minute, both of us not sure what to say.

"Do I make you uncomfortable?" Hunter asks, leaning back in his seat. The light from the many screens next to us casts shadows on his face. I shake my head quickly.

"No, Hunter, it's not that. I just... I don't know I guess." I play with my nails, my gloves crumbles up in my hand. "I like you a lot, Hunter. You.... You're kind and handsome... you are a good leader." I look up at him, meeting his gaze.

"I just don't know how to be what you want, or need." I let out a dark chuckle, leaning backwards. "I'm not the best person."

He shrugs.
"No one is truly good, really. I guess we all have our sins and faults." He tilts his head to the side, a quiet smile on his face. "And I guess I like you too."

I give him a grin.

"You guess?"

He rolls his eyes at my teasing, crossing his arms.
"Fine. I know I like you. Is that better?"

"Much." I reply.

We are quiet, our knees bumping together as the ship shifts. He gently reaches out his large hand, grasping my much smaller hand. I see his tattoos that dance along his fingers as he gently plays with mine. It's a quiet comfortable Motion, his thumb rolling over my knuckles.

I give him a smile, giving his hand a squeeze.

I enjoyed writing this.

Until we meet again!

-Kena