𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 12

𝐂𝐨𝐜𝐨

I always seem to wake up in my bed and I know that he brings me back every time I fall asleep somewhere other than my bed.

To be honest I could fall asleep in every and any surface. Noah had left early this morning before I woke up and Ms Bale told me he was on a short business trip and that he hadn't needed me to go with him, though I don't think five days away was a short business trip but I'd never been on one.

Partly because Jake forbade me to take any office work and partly because I could never seem to find d any when I tried applying even though I had a degree in business. At one point I had found out that Jake had made sure no one local would take me and it would be too risky to go outside of our suburban town without getting caught by him and then punished.

So I took the job of babysitting occasionally and then my stripper job. At first he was suspicious of me when I told him I was babysitting so he would follow me around for three months to make sure I was where I said I was, after that he stopped following me but I waited a few more weeks before I had applied.

One of the Nuns in the orphanage that I was in since I was a baby, Sister Carol, thought it appropriate to build upper body strength. So she had taught us how to dance on the poles she had set up at the back big shed of the orphanage but I knew the real truth of why she wanted us to do this. Some of the kids, including me where becoming too old and people didn't adopt kids like me. She believed we wouldn't make it far in life even though we would have graduated with a certificate that says we'd been in school, which we were.

She wanted us to have something to fall back on and in a word way that was her way of looking after us and caring about aany of us, she was the youngest Nun at the place and she also once too took a Jon at a club. Either way I had mastered how to go on the pole and when I applied at that night club in the shady parts of town it was not hard to get in, though people, mostly men became infatuated with seeing me up there dancing, swaying and bartending to and for them.

I felt sick with what I was doing and that Sister Carol was right about where I'd end up, but it was either this or come back everyday to Jake and let him leach all of the money I was making on the babysitting job on alcohol and weed or whatever he was snorting up his nose. It never made sense to me though, how quickly he would sober up within minutes and how normal he would look when morning came and he had to go to work or whatever he did during the day.

The red in his eyes would fade completely and the slurring would stop, he would become so normal all of a sudden. He wouldn't scream at me or throw things, or throw me. He wouldn't hit me till I blacked out or blame everything on me. The only clues of the pain I had endured the previous night before in the dark and discreet night were the broken shards of glass of vases and mirrors that I easily replaced the following morning.

The bruises on my body that were strategically placed so no one could see them and would be very easy to cover up, the occasional blood sprayed on furniture, walls and floors. As he broke things and smashed my heart into pieces over and over again, I felt even more helpless each time. I felt that I couldn't leave him, that I wouldn't leave him because I had no one else. No parents, no family, I had lost the little friends I made the rare times he let me out for fun. I had nothing and no one and I knew him. I had for years.

He was all I'd ever known, he was the only guy that I had genuine interest in and had stayed by me, had treated me right for the short amount of time he chose to be good to me. It wasn't that he changed over night, it was gradually. He took advantage of the fact that I was years younger than him and clearly vulnerable and naive. He thought he could shape and change me, that he could mold me into dome perfect wife for him to marry one day. He isolated and controlled him and I let him.