- Chapter XXII - Flight To Galaxy -

- Chapter XXII -  -

- Clay's POV -

Sap, Schlatt, and I were all sitting on the hotel's couch and laughing at something stupid that Sap had said before I heard my phone ring. I got up to see who was calling me. I expected Gal to be the one calling but it wasn't, it was a random number that I didn't recognize. It was from Florida, so I picked it up.

"Hello." I breathed, my nerves set in because I never got random phone calls. All kinds of situations went through my brain.

"You are Mr. Taken Correct?"

"Yes, who is this?" I asked.

"This is the Orlando Emergency Hospital, I am Doctor Harris and Ms. Stone has been emitted to our hospital because she was shot on the right side of her chest about fifteen minutes ago." My heart dropped, I could no longer breathe and it felt like my world had just fallen apart, the girl that I loved was shot and I wasn't there for her. I was hours away in New York City and she was lying in a hospital alone after being shot.

"I-is she ok-ay?" I tried to choke back tears, but I couldn't.

"We have her on constant surveillance to make sure she stays with us. We are not sure if she will make it just yet." That was all the confirmation I needed. I thanked him and told him I would be there as soon as I could and I hung up. With tears running down my face, I grabbed the hoodie Gal had bought me and I headed toward the door before Sap and Schlatt stopped me.

"What's goin' on man? What happened?" Sap asked with worry evident in his eyes and voice.

"Gal was shot and is in the hospital. They aren't sure if she will make it or not." I looked to the floor as the other two just stared at me.

"Well, then why are we standing here? We have a plane to catch?!" Schlatt yelled. We all put on our hoodies as we ran out the door and caught a taxi down to the airport.

When we arrived at the airport I ran in while Sap and Schlatt grabbed mine and their bags that we had all packed last minute. 

"I need three tickets for the quickest flight to Orlando Florida. It's an emergency." The woman looked shocked and she made a call to someone. Then she started typing on her computer.

"Are you willing to pay a bit extra for a private plane, because our quickest flight to Orlando is a few hours from now?" I nodded my head. All I wanted at this moment was to get to Florida to see Galaxy. I wasn't going to lose her, not yet.

I gave her my credit card and she charged me for the plane. I took back my card along with the papers for our flight and our tickets. Just as I was exiting the line, Sap and Schlatt came through the airport doors. I headed over to them and told them that we would be taking a private plane. They asked no questions as they followed me over to the gate that we would take to get to our plane.

We were escorted to our plane by a worker. He showed us where our plane was waiting and I immediately ran to it. I wasn't waiting, I had somewhere to be. I had someone to see. Someone to tell that I loved them. Someone to be beside until time ends. I promised her, and I won't break it, not now, not ever.

Sap and Schlatt got our bags on the plane as quickly as they could as I explained the emergency to the pilot. He said that he would get us there as soon as he could. I sat down for the first time since the drive over here, but that doesn't mean that I wasn't anxious. Just sitting here while Gal was possibly dying on a hospital bed, made me feel so useless.

"Hey, Clay, Gal's gonna be fine okay? She's strong she ain't gonna let a bullet kill her." Sap tried to encourage me.

"Yeah, I haven't met her but from what you say about her, she seems like a strong woman." Schlatt joined in on Sap's effort to cheer me up. Although they both were trying their attempts made no difference, I was too worried about Gal to think about her being okay.

I just couldn't wait to be in Florida. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I thought that I would walk into my own house and she would just be standing in the kitchen perfectly fine, or that when that didn't happen, I would walk into the hospital and she would be smiling as I walked into her room. I knew that wasn't true, but at this point, those thoughts are the only thing that kept me from jumping out of this plane.

I just hope she is alright...please be alright...

================================================================================

(824 words)

( ☢ !!! PLEASE READ IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT !!! ☢ )

What's this? A back-to-back upload? That's new. Lol. Yeah, but I had an idea and I was gonna do it. You also may be wondering why the song at the beginning of this chapter and the last are the same, well it's just because with this book coming to a close soon-ish, this is the song that has inspired these last few chapters.

I know that it is sad that this book will be coming to a close soon, but don't worry we still have a few chapters to get through before the end, but after this book ends I will start another one, don't worry. I plan on writing for as long as I can, but yeah, I hope y'all enjoyed the chapter and the last being uploaded just a day apart, and I can't wait to see y'all in the next chapter.

Anyway, if you have any ideas about this story that you wanna share, feel free. I always love hearing back from you guys! It makes my day when y'all comment or follow!

I also have a big announcement!!!! I HAVE A DISCORD SERVER AND NEW SOCIALS!!!! YAY!!!
If you want to follow me on any of my other socials they will be shown in my bio on my Wattpad page, and if you want to join the discord you can see it in my bio or use this link:

https://discord.gg/Sux7ap2E

Anyway back to your usually scheduled author's note!

I know at the time of writing this I am not that popular on this platform. I tend to be slightly inactive and don't have an upload schedule for any of my books.

I sometimes lack motivation and I just sometimes lose any willpower to write a book that I am no longer connected to. I also tend to delete some books and chapters that I don't like so that sometimes affects what others think about me as an author. So to those who have read this thank you for your understanding and for being so patient, I appreciate it.

Anyway, enough rambling. Thank you all for reading and if you enjoyed please consider following. It lets me know that you enjoy the content that I write. Don't forget to share, vote, comment, follow all my new socials (found in my bio), and JOIN MY NEW DISCORD (link above and in bio!) It helps me out a ton! Thank you for your support!

I love all of you to bits and I will see ya when I see ya! Have a good day/night/afternoon! BUH BYE!!!

- TheBenchSimp (I don't simp for the trio, I simp for the bench)