- Chapter XXI - Youth -

Yesterday was better than I thought it would be. Although, it didn't come without its flaws. Jared. Jared was the problem. He wouldn't stop trying to flirt with me. I just ignored it and moved on to living in the present.

I had always focused on the past, but for some strange reason, yesterday made me see that the past was just that, it was the past. It didn't matter, not anymore. I could live without it affecting me. At least not as much.  My friendships were patched, I made a new friend, I had Clay and Sap as friends, I still had my old friends, and my family was finally no longer in the picture. I was happy.

Right now I was working on a couple of things for Bad and Skeppy. Clay hadn't contacted me today, but the distraction of work kept me from thinking about that. Nick had been calling me every day though. He kept me updated on all the things he, Clay, and Schlatt did. He even said that he and Clay had gotten me a gift just like I had for them when we went to visit Ann. The fact that Clay was still thinking of me kept me sane. I just don't know why I felt so alone when I wasn't.

I decided to take a break on the thumbnails for Bad and Skeppy and go get a snack from the bakery just down the street. I didn't drive, instead, I walked because the day was nice, and as I walked the streets so many memories came back to me.

The memory of my once upon a time when my family was happy.

The memory of my mother leaving.

My brother turning on me.

My dad beating my brother and I to near death.

Meeting Ann.

Meeting Kate and Mal.

Ann, Mal, and Kate helping me when I wanted to die.

Moving into a house with Ann, Mal, and Kate.

Starting my art career.

Hitting a thousand subscribers on YouTube.

Meeting Clay.

Starting my new chapter with Clay ad my new housemate.

Meeting Nick.

All of it came flashing back at an instant and for that instant, I felt complete, but no good thing lasts forever. At that moment that joy-filled me is the moment I also felt extreme pain and then nothing. I felt nothing. My vision was black and I couldn't move. I was numb and so was the world. I could faintly hear people yelling and the sounds of sirens. I didn't know what was going on but I knew one thing. If I were to die right now, I would be happy because, for the past few months that I have spent in this new chapter with Clay and Sap, I have felt complete. I was ready if it was my time.

Then there was nothing.

No noise.

No shouting.

No sirens.

Just silence.

And I was happy.

-Clay's POV -

Sap, Schlatt, and I were all sitting on the hotel's couch and laughing at something stupid that Sap had said before I heard my phone ring. I got up to see who was calling me. I expected Gal to be the one calling but it wasn't, it was a random number that I didn't recognize. It was from Florida, so I picked it up.

"Hello." I breathed, my nerves set in because I never got random phone calls. All kinds of situations went through my brain, but not one of them was the news that I got.

"You are Mr. Taken, correct?"

==============================================================================

(571 words)

( ☢ !!! PLEASE READ IMPPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT !!! ☢ )

WOO HOO!!! NEW CHAPTER AND DISASTER!!!! Yeah, listen I decided that the characters that I used in the last chapter are actually good now, they aren't perfect, they have their flaws, but I wanted to get on with the plot that I had for this book originally. Also, yes this is on a cliffhanger because I have a good chapter planned where we will be seeing things from Clay's pov, so be prepared for that next chapter. Anyway, if you have any ideas about this story that you wanna share feel free. I always love hearing back from you guys! It makes my day when y'all comment or follow!

I also have a big announcement!!!! I HAVE A DISCORD SERVER AND NEW SOCIALS!!!! YAY!!!
If you want to follow me on any of my other socials they will be shown in my bio on my Wattpad page, and if you want to join the discord you can see it in my bio or use this link:

https://discord.gg/Sux7ap2E

Anyway back to your usually scheduled author's note!

I know at the time of writing this I am not that popular on this platform. I tend to be slightly inactive and don't have an upload schedule for any of my books.

I sometimes lack motivation and I just sometimes lose any willpower to write a book that I am no longer connected to. I also tend to delete some books and chapters that I don't like so that sometimes affects what others think about me as an author. So to those who have read this thank you for your understanding and for being so patient, I appreciate it.

Anyway, enough rambling. Thank you all for reading and if you enjoyed please consider following. It lets me know that you enjoy the content that I write. Don't forget to share, vote, comment, follow all my new socials (found in my bio), and JOIN MY NEW DISCORD (link above and in bio!) It helps me out a ton! Thank you for your support!

I love all of you to bits and I will see ya when I see ya! Have a good day/night/afternoon! BUH BYE!!!

- TheBenchSimp (I don't simp for the trio, I simp for the bench)