-Prologue-

-Prologue-

I awoke to the sound of an alarm clock, the beeping just as annoying as always. Why did these exist, other than to torcher any unfortunate souls that purchased one? Well, it didn't matter I had to get up and get to work if I wanted to get my latest animatic out on time. My fans would kill me if I didn't. I may have a small following but they are loyal and fierce. I would have to give them that.

As I got ready, I was brainstorming ideas for my next animatic. I had a schedule of uploading, at the very least, once a month. If I had to take longer my fans always seemed to understand, but I still wanted to give them content, so I would make small little skits from time to time when I was working on bigger projects.

More often than not the animatics I made were of other content creators instead of my own characters. I found that this is what attracted the small amount of followers I had. Sometimes I would slip in a few small animatics with my own characters and they seemed to do just as well as my normal videos but I still decided to stick with animating other content creators. I mean it was fun and only took storyboarding and animating. I could just use music and clips form their streams and videos for the audio. I didn't have to search for or create that, so it was a little bit more chill and easy.

Snapping myself out of my thoughts, I had sat down at my desk with a couple of chocolate chip granola bars and continued work on my latest animatic, when I got a text from one of my roommates who was at work.

The text read, 'Hey DreamWasTaken, you know that mcyt I told you about, is live. Would you mind watching the stream and catching me up on everything later?'

I hadn't really payed attention to any of the stream if I was being honest, I just had it playing in the background for the most part, but I turned my attention to it when I heard one of SAD-ist's animation playing. I had seen all of her animations, but it wasn't her animation that I was looking at it was the title of the stream, "Reacting to Fan-made Animations."

I disregarded the title knowing, full well, that my animatics wouldn't end up being suggested, I was such a small creator that I knew I wouldn't. As much as my fans loved me, and I loved them, they most likely weren't gonna donate only for it to get turned down. I mean barely anyone has heard of me, so why would DreamWasTaken, one of the largest streamers on Twitch, watch me when he could watch other creator's who were much more popular and talented than I was.

That's when it caught my ear. "Hey Dream! I think you would enjoy this animatic called "Should 'a Known." It's by Galactic.Animations. I just found them the other day and they are really good. They are small so that would explain why a lot of people haven't heard of them."

The donation had actually mentioned both me and one of my most popular animations. I was in shock, but what shocked me more is that Dream actually agreed to react to it. I was stunned at this point, unable to move. Although it would be this moment when one of my roommates, Kate, decided to bust into my room after hearing this news.

She had known about my career with YouTube and animations, and She was a big fan of Dream and his friends, so when she had seen the donation she had been overjoyed. Kate knew, just as well as I did, that this could make or break. If Dream and his audience liked it, then there was a good chance that I would finally be noticed. If they didn't then I would probably lose some of my subscribers.

I was excited for this and so was Kate, but I was also extremely nervous. I knew what came with a bigger following, not only was it more support, but it was also more hate. Right now with my small following I only had a couple of negative comments, they weren't hate, they were just criticism, but with a bigger following came actual hate. Everybody with a following had hate, I knew I would be no exception.

Kate snapped me out of my head when she yelled for me to check my sub count on YouTube. The only thing I can say was I started with around one thousand, five hundred and now I was at seven thousand, and my channel only continued to grow more until it slowed at about fifteen thousand. 

I was shocked to the point of where I couldn't move. Kate congratulated me on my newfound success. She was so happy for me since she had been with me and supported my work since day one. I was so thankful for her, my other two roommates, and that one donation, because now I had all I have ever wanted. All except for one thing.

I wanted to leave California...

================================================================================

( 878 words)

(Ignore that, this won't make since at the moment, it will in the next chapter, I promise.)

Hey! Thanks to everyone who reads this. I know it is a short chapter but that is only because it is the prologue and I didn't want to spoil to much of the story ahead. Also, I know at the time of writing this I am not that popular on this platform. I tend to be slightly inactive and don't really have an upload schedule for any of my books.

I sometimes lack motivation and I just sometimes lose any will power to write a book that I am no longer connected to. I also tend to delete some books and chapters that I don't like so that sometimes effects what others think about me as an author. So to those who have read this thank you for your understanding.

Anyway, enough rambling. Thank you all for reading and if you enjoyed please consider following. It lets me know that you enjoy the content that I write and also if you would, leave a comment I always enjoy hearing back from the community.

Don't forget to share, vote, and comment! Thank you for your support!

I love all of you to bits and I will see ya when I see ya! Have a good day/night/afternoon! BUH BYE!!!

- PythonIsWrong
(Always wrong, Never right)