- Chapter IX - Regret and Acceptance -

(Triger warning, mentions of abuse, toxicity, suicial thoughts, attempted suicide, depression, and cutting ones self.)

================================================================================

- Chapter IX - Regret and Acceptance- 

Clay had asked what I want and went to get in line to order both of our orders and I went to find a table for the both of us.

I settled on a booth near a window, trying not to look toward the one person I had hoped not to ever see again. Although that plan failed. Epically. Instead of him waiting for me o go to him, he came to where I was, thank God he didn't sit down.

"Hey long time no see. What brings you down to Florida? Finally got tired of those little friends of yours?" Jared had that stupid smirk plastered across his face. I didn't answer, I just looked out the window, in hopes that he would just go away. "Not talking, you know you can't ignore me."

I just glared at him, still not talking. He wouldn't get a word out of me. Not. A. Word.

He let out a huff before speaking once more. "You know I have ways of getting you to talk." I stood my ground. That's when he grabbed my wrist. He started to drag me out of the booth, but thank the Gods that that was when Clay came back. Of course Jared didn't notice, he was to stupid to either way.

"Hey!" Clay called out, "Where do you think you're taking her?!" He seemed a lot angrier than normal, which, to be honest, I expected.

"None of your business bitch!" Jared was fuming, he never liked when someone spoke up to him, mainly because he was a spoiled brat who thought he could have anything he wanted, and he was willing to play cheap and dirty to get it.

"Actually it is my business." Clay was mad, but he was keeping his composure since we were in public.

"Oh yeah! How?! It's not like she is your girlfriend!" With every word that came out of Jared's mouth, his grip on my wrist got tighter at this point I was holding back tears.

"Actually she is. Now where do you think you are taking MY girlfriend?" Clay put a lot of emphasis on "my," although I knew that that was a lie I sorta wished that it was true. I kinda wished I was Clay's girlfriend, but I knew that I couldn't be, he was only my friend and that is what we would stay, only friends. Plus I had only been talking to him for a couple months, and only lived with him for a few weeks, I couldn't just fall for a guy that I basically just met.

That's when Jared stopped talking, to most people it would seem as though he'd given up, but I knew better, I knew that he was just taking his precious time. He always loved dramatic effect. Little did I know what would happen next.

"Fine, then prove it. Prove she is what you say she is. Kiss her." My eyes widened and mouth fell a bit agape. Clay just stayed calm, he didn't want to give anything away. Jared pushed me in front of him, and in front of Clay. Clay looked at me for any signs on giving up, but I showed him none. I was wiling to do anything to get out of this situation, even if it meant kissing the one guy I have started to really like.

Clay held out his hand for me to take. I did, and he pulled me in. He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him. I put my arms around his neck, then he leaned in. I felt his lips on mine, and I was not hesitant to kiss him back. Although the kiss didn't last long, and certainly wasn't how I thought my first kiss with Clay would go, that didn't make it any less appealing to me. I could still feel the ghost of his lips on mine. I was just happy that I got to kiss him, even if it meant nothing in the end, I got the one thing I wanted and that kiss was the thing that solidified my crush on Clay.

Jared huffed and finally walked away. Clay took my hand and led me back to our table, where our food was still surprisingly still warm.

After eating an leaving the café, Clay took my hand and started to lead the way back home.

"Who was that guy?" I knew who he was talking about. I didn't really want to answer that question, but I did anyway.

"Jared, he is my exboyfriend." I didn't say anymore.

"What did he want with you? Why was he dragging you from the booth?" I couldn't tell if Clay was being snoopy or if he was worried.

"Most likely he wanted to hook up with me again, but I wouldn't hook up with him even if I was at my lowest point." That's when Clay looked down at me.

"Why's that?" He really was curious, wasn't he? No wonder his pet was a cat.

"He was toxic, he manipulated me and pushed me into a bad depression, if it weren't for Ann, Mal, and Kate, I wouldn't be alive." I remembered everything that Jared did and I hated every second. "He is the reason I started cutting myself. He was the reason I did a lot of things that I now regret. I almost killed myself because of him. Ann, Mal, and Kate were one of the only reasons I didn't."

"There is another reason?" He caught it, that was what I was hoping wouldn't happen.

"Yeah." I slightly smiled at this. As stupid as the second reason was it still made me happy.

"What is it?" I knew he was going to ask, and I wasn't going to not answer him, for Clay I would give up my life to see him happy and if answering his little questions made him happy then that's what was going to do.

You...

================================================================================

(997 words)

Hey! How have y'all been? And what did y'all think of the chapter? Did the cliff hanger last time leave you wondering what would happen next? And does this leave you wondering how Dream will react? I hope so, cause trust me this story is going to be exciting and I just know that y'all are going to love and hate me before this story is over. 

Anyhow, I know at the time of writing this I am not that popular on this platform. I tend to be slightly inactive and don't really have an upload schedule for any of my books.

I sometimes lack motivation and I just sometimes lose any will power to write a book that I am no longer connected to. I also tend to delete some books and chapters that I don't like so that sometimes effects what others think about me as an author. So to those who have read this thank you for your understanding and patience, I really appreciate it.

Anyway, enough rambling. Thank you all for reading and if you enjoyed please consider following. It lets me know that you enjoy the content that I write and also if you would, lets fill this chapters comments section with love and support for Technoblade, since recently he was diagnosed with cancer. I don't want to see any hate comments to him or any bad comments to anyone, I just want to see a bunch of support for Techno. Thank you!

- TheBenchSimp (I don't simp for the trio I simp for the bench)