New Start

Summary: After some early morning cuddles Logan's Mom calls to reveal that she's coming to visit. So it's time for Patton to stop being a secret - and instead be a cherished family member.

Yes, Dot from Cartoon Therapy is Logan's Mom. Larry isn't mentioned but he's a good stepdad and not a mean man :) (this is a Larry love group).

Before Patton came, whenever there was a coincidence that both Virgil and Logan didn't have work, they would use the time to spend together. But there was always a timetable Logan had in his mind, that habit hadn't changed with Patton.

After a few days of thinking and having surprise therapy sessions with his husband, Logan decided he was just going to go with the flow with fatherhood and not overwhelm himself. Today that involved an early wake-up as it was the eve of Patton's birthday and he wanted to cook the toddler's favourite breakfast.

"Mmm... Why is your alarm on Sherlock?" Virgil mumbled and brushed his hand against his eye, lying on his side. He was in the dazed mood he usually got himself into when the two husbands spent a night together and he watched Logan with adoration that he married him. Logan smiled back just as goofily, giving his husband a peck on the lips. Suddenly following a timetable seemed to be less of a priority.

"I'm glad I didn't have to share you last night." Logan whispered, receiving blushing cheeks from his husband as he covered his face and mumbled. In days before Patton, if Logan set an alarm he'd be in the shower right now instead of opposite the cutie he married. As Logan brought an arm around Virgil's waist he smiled - Patton had really changed the couple for the better. Cuddles weren't that important in previous busy mornings as Logan always knew he'd have Virgil all to himself any time he wanted him. Even Logan could admit now that he took that availability for granted. Having Patton between him and his husband sometimes was turning out to be making the relationship even healthier as he cherished so many small moments that he wouldn't even bat an eyelid at before.

Virgil mumbled again and shuffled closer to Logan, placing his face in the crook of his neck, and kissing his jaw, neck, and collarbone. Logan mirrored the mumble and turned he and Virgil so Logan was lying directly on his back, and Virgil was snuggled on top of him.

"This is nice." Virgil said after a minute of silence, cherishing the soft touches Logan was giving him as if he had been touch-starved for years. "You should wake me up early more often if it means I get cuddles like this." Tired yawns escaped both members of the couple and they basked in the silence a little more. Everything was peaceful.

Until Logan's phone rang.

"Sorry Starlight..." Logan whispered once he heard the calling tune, moving the lump of Virgil's body slightly so he could free the nearest hand to the bedside table and retrieve his phone. His eyes widened when he saw who was calling him. His own mother. "Hey Mom..." Logan mumbled, tired in his voice but Virgil was silent with his eyes wide open.

In all the mess of thinking about Patton's Mom, neither Logan nor Virgil had let it slip to their own mother/mother-in-law that they had a toddler in their home and were debating on whether to adopt him. And it seemed that Roman had kept his promise of not telling the energetic older woman either as she hadn't mentioned her new grandchild yet. "Mm... Yes, we both have the day off wo-" Logan's eyes widened as he interrupted himself and he caused both himself and Virgil to sit up. "You're driving to our place? Well Mom I haven't even cleaned!"

Panic set in for a moment, partly because he needed to make sure the house was clean and suitable for visitors (even though Virgil had done so a few days before, he just wanted to check), but part of his brain was also rambling about where and how the couple were meant to hide Patton and all his toys and hidden wrapped gifts and...