Chapter 1 (Edited)

Zoro was walking past all the stands that had been set up for the Davy back fight. Something that his troublesome captain got them into. Again.  Not that he minded too much. He liked a good fight. This sort of thing just happened way too often to be comfortable (or healthy).

As he walked further, he heard what sounded like shouting come from a little ways up ahead. Speeding up his strides, he saw a man from the Foxy Pirate crew attacking a Cinnamon haired girl who, surprisingly, just stood there with a bored expression dodging his sporadic attacks. (A.N: Picture above is what's she looks like.)

Should I help her? Or should I leave them alone? he asked himself, from where he stood the women seemed to have everything handled. Taking a step forward, he subconsciously decided to join in himself.  After all, why deny himself a good fight?

He began picking his way towards them, only to stop a couple feet from they stood as the girl drew her naginata and cut a large gash into the male's neck, nearly severing it from its place completely, a small string of flesh was  the only thing keeping it from coming off. 

Blood splattered around the fallen man and the vet of the mysterious women. She just stared at the crimson stained body on the gravel packed ground, no emotion displayed, whilst flicking the blood off her blade. 

It was a smooth motion, one that spoke of that it had been done many times before. One that spoke of experience gained after years of fighting. It was both chilling and exhilarating to a person like him, a person that lived for their next battle.  

 It was eerily silent for the next few seconds before she muttered a low"Tch. All bark and no bite as to be expected."

Zoro felt his heart accelerate and was confused on the reason why. Could he have caught something? Or maybe it was excitement due to finding a strong opponent? Yeah, that had to be it.  He definitely wasn't sick. 

The female turned towards him and gazed at him with wide set amethyst colored eyes, ivory colored skin, and extremely faint scars running across the skin visible to the viewer. "You need something? " she asked carelessly, slightly curious as to why the green haired male was there. 

The male didn't look like he belonged to Foxy's crew and she had been too busy to hear him approaching. He could have taken the time to attack her if he were but, obviously, he didn't. 

He was certainly capable of doing some damage if the way he held his sword was any indication. So, that meant he belonged to the unfortunate crew the split-headed coward(cue Foxy becoming depressed somewhere on the island) had targeted this time. 

"No, it looks like you have it covered." was all the swordsman was able to respond with. It's not like he could say much else. What would you say to a person who asked something like that after watching them nearly decapitate someone? 

"I don't think I have to worry about you attacking me" she said smiling a tiny bit, confident in her assessment. He nodded his head in a confirming manor as an answer. Zoro doubted attacking her would do much good. He pitied the person that tried. Despite what other people thought, he did like to get some insight before jumping into battle. Sometimes.

"What's your name?" he asked with interest. Whoever she was, she was skilled. No doubt his captain would try to recruit her if he were here, knowing the idiot and his track record. And what track record it was!

"It's Kaguya. What's yours?" she asked with interest as well. She knew a gifted weapon user when she saw one. She had enough experience to do that much. Now, she just needed to put a name to the face. 

"My name is Zoro. What are you doing out here by yourself? " he asked, hoping he kept his tone neutral. He was kinda of curious on why she was here. 

She definitely wasn't with the enemy, if the incident he walked in on was any indication. Why decapitate a crew member? She tilted  her head slightly in acknowledgment, the display causing hair to tumble form her shoulder and onto her back, before she answered.