14. Piece of moon (Izuna)

I was the only one left in the loft.

Or so I thought.

I had gone to a little guest room to blow-dry my hair after my shower, and when I came out, nobody was there and the equipment was gone. I felt quite cosy being alone here; I was handing back the keys tomorrow so I could take a nap here if I wanted to. But I couldn't help but also feel slightly disappointed. When I had left for the room, Tobirama had discussed something with Will, and I had hoped he would stay. Had expected it in fact, especially since I had put on his shirt. Had I done that to make him stay? Either way, it hadn't worked. 

I looked at the candles collected at a table, blown out now, wax dried, and shivered, but not in displeasure. I had liked it. 

I had liked it a lot.

Then, I remembered that I had to use the safe word and shivered again, this time in pure discomfort. Why had he done that? Why had he started self-harming while fucking me? The wax hadn't been hot to the edge of pain; it had been burning and indescribably painful. It was as if he'd lost himself for a while then. 

And just when I was getting comfortable in my own thoughts, the bathroom door opened and he came out, hair wet, a towel around his hips.

He looked like he was a piece of the moon that had gotten loose and fallen down to earth.

We stood still for a while, looking at each other, me dressed in his white shirt and my own loose black trousers, him naked beneath that towel. He must have showered while I wa-s blowdrying my hair, thus I hadn't heard it. Everything was quiet but the soft dripping of water from his hair on the wooden floor and the bonds between us tightening; a metallic sound that wasn't real but could have been because it left a sweet taste in my mouth. I had never been able to taste sound before. 

I had never been able to hear love before.

"I..." He scratched his head, looking as if he wanted to say something badly but didn't really dare to. 

"What?" I egged him on,

"I feel like pizza. Do you..." He looked to the side. I had no idea how hard this was for him. "Would you like to join? I live not far from here. Food is my treat."

I looked down, smiling shyly.

"I'd love to."

We walked hand in hand just like we had done that day we met at the library, but this time, there was a calming sensation to it, a sense of serenity. 

Tobirama did, in fact, live very close by, and we stopped by a pizza restaurant opposite his apartment. The place was clean but very shabby; I loved it, but was surprised Tobirama would get food from such a place. But as soon as he stepped in, the large, old Middle Eastern man behind the counter beamed.

"Tobirama, son!" He had a booming voice matching his entire self, and a thick accent. I immediately liked the man.

"Mahmoud", Tobirama greeted. 

"You haven't come by in so far! You need more pizza! Look at you youngsters these days! Protein powder this, protein bar that, no fat."

"Well, I'm here now", Tobirama said as the man came round, slapping him on his back in a way that would send me flying through the wall, but Tobirama stood steady, put his hand on the man's shoulder. 

Then, this Mahmoud guy caught sight of me.

"You brought your husband!"

I blushed like mad. Tobirama cleared his throat.