Chapter 14:

Natalie POV:

Finally I got to meet my sister. This is so exciting right now. I feel complete. A whole new human being. Finally my search has ended. I'm really happy that she is happy to see me too. What would have happened if she wouldn't have anything to do with me.

Today I'm gonna meet my biological parents. I have to go at their house at 12, and now its 11. I have an hour. What should I wear?

After like half an hour thinking it I decide to wear a tank top with some skinny blue jeans and some vans. I thought that if they are my parents they'll like me either way. If I wore formal clothes or casual ones.

I go in my car and start driving. I put the direction that Elsa gave me and it tells me that in 20 minutes I'll be there. Right in time.

I get into the community and all the houses here are perfect, just as if I'm every little girl's dream house. Huge, pretty, elegant. Well, maybe a little too fake for my taste. Or maybe is that I'm just not used to it.

I look around and the GPS tells me to stop and that I arrived to my destination. The house that now is in front of me its the biggest of all of them. I walk to the door and I pause for a moment. This is a really important night and I don't want to mess it up. To say that I'm nervous would be an understatement.

Finally I get myself to knock on the door.

Elsa opens the door, followed by a tall man with brown eyes and a shorter woman with blond hair.

"Hi!" Elsa greets me. Her, my parents' mouths are almost hitting the floor. Maybe they thought that he was making it up or something.

"Hi" I say back.

"Oh my gosh. I'm Ashley and this is my husband John" She says and after that she hugs me. Its one of those hugs that if feels right. That you know that you'll need them. That its supposed to be.

"How? I don't get it?" She is confused. Like more confused then what I thought they would be. Is like if they didn't know about me.

"Didn't Elsa tell you?" I ask them. Why wouldn't she tell them?

"Well.... I wanted to be it a surprise." Elsa says. Our parents hug us once again.

"This is the best surprise ever."She tells while some tears flow from her eyes.

After that we go to have dinner. The dinner is filled with questions about my past. How was my family. How did they treat me. I answered them truthfully. Maybe my family wasn't my biological one but they sure loved me like their own. They also asked me about how I found out them. How did I find Elsa. I also got my turn to ask.

I know that they moved here after having Elsa and me because this reminded them about the daughter that they "lost". But they moved back 3 years ago because of a job opportunity and also a lot of time had passed and it had made it easier.

Also he works as a publisher and she works as a vet. They work in the other part of town from where I live so this is why we've never crossed each other. But the weird thing is that the husband's face sounds familiar. I can't quite recall from where though. Maybe my subconscious knew about it. Or maybe saw him around.

"Your face looks familiar" I tell him. His face pales a bit and in no time it changes to his normal tone again.

"Oh. Well I don't know" His words are hard to come out but finally he says something.

I decide to let it go, for now. The rest of the dinner goes fine. Just before I leave I get this weird text.

Just a small step closer to being together, babe.

unknown

—————————————————————

From now on I'm probably just gonna update in weekends because the exams are coming and I have a lot to study. Wish me luck!:)