[Bio]{Updated+Added Info}

Name: Maw
Gender: Male
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Species: Chimera Ant
Rank: Royal Guard (Newly Appointed)
Nen Type: Conjurer

Maw was originally an officer in the Chimera Ant Army and served under his Squad Leader, Colt. During the time of the Queen's reign, he aided the effort in the birth of the King by participating in village raids and keeping the Nest safe. But now things have changed for the canine. The Queen is now dead and the army that once served her has abandoned their home in order to become rulers of their own. As for Maw, he has found himself in a rather strange situation. For reasons he can't explain, he miraculously survived a blow from the newborn and rather ruthless King, a blow that was meant to kill him. Following this occurrence, the King saw fit to promote him to the have a place on the Royal Guard. Though reluctant, he took the title over death and now serves directly under the King himself along with the other members of the Royal Guard. Despite his promotion, he wonders if he is even worthy of such a standing... and if he is able to prove it.

Personality

Though his ranking has changed, Maw still retains most of his personality from his early days. In addition to that, his curiosity also led the chimera to have an interest in Nen shortly after he learned about its existence and concept. He was ecstatic when he learned of his primary Nen specialty, and also when he was finally able to conjure something for the first time. He still involves himself in the practice of Nen in hopes of improving his abilities. This behavior suggests that Maw is in fact quite tenacious and may be trying to satisfy a desire to feel powerful.

Above all else, he has recently begin to feel doubt and uncertainty within himself. Though he tries his best to hide it, he questions if he is powerful enough to serve as a Royal Guard, and fears he may not be ready for such a responsibility. He also contemplates on how much loyalty he has for the one he serves.

Relationships

Neferpitou
Out of all of other members of the Royal Guard, Maw seems to get along with Pitou the most. Pitou was born much earlier than Pouf and Youpi. Maw was initially wary of her when she first introduced herself as he sensed her menacing power, but he quickly warmed up to her that very same day. Since then, they have found themselves to be in each other's company quite often. The two appear to be very similar in terms of personality as they both possess a curious nature. Though it is safe to say that Maw's inquisitive behavior, especially in earlier days, is much more innocent when compared to Pitou's, who's behavior in that regard is more merciless given that she was more then willing to probe Pokkle for information. Seeing as Maw was willing to watch this with his own eyes, one may argue that his innocences is questionable. Pitou is usually more than happy to explain things to Maw, who listens intently in return. She was also willing to let him train with the Kite puppet for his fight with Rammot, which he appreciated. She was surprised to witness Maw become a Royal Guard, but has no negative thoughts on the matter, and welcomed him happily. She seems to believe he has potential to be powerful, and thought of having a battle with him one day as crossed her mind.

Shaiapouf
When Maw first met Pouf, he did well to remained well-mannered, but Pouf insisted that it wasn't necessary. Though the two didn't interact much at the Nest, Pouf was willing play card games with Maw, and even congratulated him on his victory against Rammot. Unfortunately, when the King offered Maw a place in the Royal Guard, it was Pouf who took it the worst. It's not hat he has had anything against Maw personally, but he wonders if the King had acted too hastily in that decision. He has a hard time believing that Maw is capable of being one of the Royal Guard. Only time will tell how this will unfold...

Menthuthuyoupi
Despite not interacting much so far, Maw has shown to have hit it off with Youpi almost right away. When Youpi was finally born, Maw didn't bother with well-mannerisms like he did with the others seeing as it didn't seem necessary at that point. Instead, he just gave Youpi some of his food given that he was hungry, and the two got along well form there. Maw even felt comfortable enough to give him a nickname; Monty. After some confusing was cleared up, Youpi saw no problem with it. He was surprised to hear Maw being promoted to the Royal Guard, but like Pitou he was more than willing to accept it.

The King/Meruem
Maw honestly does not know what to think about the King. He wasn't born with built-in loyalty that is tied to him, unlike the other Guards, and has seen a glimpse of what he is capable of. One thing that he is sure of is that he fears him, and knows that he would be dead if he had not taken his offer to join the Royal Guard. The King himself said that the decision was for his own sake and his alone, making it clear he couldn't care less for Maw's life. Maw recognizes the King as a powerful being and ruler, but he doesn't seem to fond of him. He knows that he killed Peggy, which means he might hold some resentment towards him, though he himself isn't sure why. Even though he hasn't known the King for long, his personal thoughts and opinions towards him make it one of most complex relationships.

Abilities

Boomerangs
In addition to his outstanding physical abilities thanks to his chimera genes, Maw has not only awakened his Nen but has begun to refine it. He can conjure boomerangs and can throw them with great accuracy, power, and precision. He can also make them disappear at any time, even during attacks. At the current time, he can summon two simultaneously. He is also looking into how to improve his power.

Miscellaneous

He got his name from a book on anatomy.

Maw hates telepathic speech.

Unlike most of his species, Maw sleeps. He claims that it's a choice rather than a need.

Maw has had all sorts of livestock as food, but he has never once eaten a human.