Prologue

The Chimera Ant Queen has already begun creating human-ant hybrids to do her bidding, and has also had worker ants create a huge nest fit for her and her subjects. The ants spend most of their time searching and raiding areas that are populated by humans, and bringing them back so that the Queen can feast on them. As a squadron leader and one of his officers,(AN: the officer is my OC just so you know, the ants haven't given themselves names yet, he'll get one when the time comes) are walking around in a room that's part of the ant hill, another captain comes up to them with a proposal.

"A contest?" said the first squadron leader, who resembled a humanoid-like vulture ant.

His officer looked at the other squadron leader and seemed intrigued at his suggestion

His officer looked at the other squadron leader and seemed intrigued at his suggestion. Compared to the other two, he was the most human looking of the three, but he had pointy dog-like ears that were somewhat covered by his brown hair.

"Yeah, between you and me. Just a friendly challenge to see which one of us can bring the Queen more humans to devour. What do you say, huh?" the alligator-looking squad leader proposed.

The first squadron leader just scoffs at this request, and precedes to walk forward

The first squadron leader just scoffs at this request, and precedes to walk forward. This seems to slightly anger the alligator ant.

"You're running away?! Accept my challenge!" He then turns his attention to the officer.

"And you? Come on, I can tell that you were interested!" he says trying to get the fellow ant to back him up.

"Well it-" the officer goes to say but is interrupted by his captain.

"Now hold on." The two ants then turn their attention to him as he walks back up to them.

"Are you ordering me around? Tell me. Why should I, or my officer for that matter, follow an order from you?" He is now face to face with the other squadron leader.

"I only follow orders given to me by the Queen herself. And he is to only take orders from me or the Queen if she so chooses." he says, referring to him and his officer.

"How did this become a question of leadership all of a sudden?" the officer thought to himself, amazed at how quickly things have escalated.