Chapter 10

Not long after the selection process ended, the construction of the arena began immediately. The peons worked tirelessly for hours and were able to finish it by the next day, just in time for the fights.

 The peons worked tirelessly for hours and were able to finish it by the next day, just in time for the fights

(AN: This is just to help give an idea of what it looks like. Imagine everything made with hardened mud, like the rest of the Nest.)
.
.
.
It was the next day, and the time had come to start. It didn't take long for the Chimera Ants to fill the newly created stadium. The room was huge, one of the biggest inside the Nest. The peons made rows and rows of seats for the ants, each row being higher than the last for a good view. They even made made a personal space for the Royal Guards. A balcony was created that was pretty high up and stood out from the wall of the room and had seats fit for them. It was basically a V.I.P area meant for the Guard.

With the Royal Guards

All three of them made sure to make an appearance. Pitou sat in the middle seat while leaning on one side and head in hand, with Pouf to her right and Youpi to her left.

"So this what he was talking about yesterday?" Youpi says, referring to Maw.

Pitou nods.
"It would seem so meow. Guess they all just got bored and decided to fight each other." Pitou says. She sounds as if she can relate to the other ant's boredom.
"I just hope it's entertaining."

"Yeah." Youpi agrees.

As they talk, Pouf laughs to himself.
"Those two sure are dying for some excitement. Rest assured, they'll be plenty in store when the King awakens. And then we can finally begin our conquest." Pouf says to himself.
Despite not seeming as interested as Pitou and Youpi, he still decided to show, figuring it was best for the Chimera Ants to see the Guard as a whole rather than an incomplete set, especially now that they've all been born. He brought a book though, and chose to read from it instead of having his full attention to what will go on below. For him, at the moment there is no greater excitement than the birth of the King. Everything else is trivial in comparison.

With Maw and Colt

The two were sitting in the stadium, there weren't too many others surrounding them so it wasn't cramped where they sat. As Colt sat there waiting for an announcement, Maw kept looking around in awe of where they were.

"(Whistles) Man this has got to be the biggest room yet, right?" Maw praises while looking around.

"Some are a bit bigger, though this one probably is the most detailed, it's quite impressive." Colt admits.

"I'm telling you, I gotta get those peons to make me my very own room, made only with the finest piles of mud." Maw jokes.

Colt actually chuckles at this in spite of himself.

Their attention is drawn to center of the ring, where they see Sorack about to speak to everyone. Seeing as how it was his idea, the squad leaders let him have the honors of hosting.
"Is everybody ready?!!" He yells to the crowd.