Chapter 3

With Colt

After some time had passed, Colt checked to see if both Maw and Rammot returned to the Nest. But after checking, he noticed that both his officers were still gone. Assuming the worst, he flies off to where Rammot was said to be last...

"I have to deal with Rammot before it sets a bad example, but Maw hasn't returned with him. I may be acting paranoid, but I can't help but feel that something's happened."

Colt soon begins to lower himself closer to the ground, flying within the forest, as he gets closer to where the two ants should be, however...

Colt's eyes widen as he gasps to himself. He senses something unknown. He then flies up to a tree to rest, while having a nervous look on his face.
"This presence, what is it?" He thinks.
"Could it be..."
.
.
.
Meanwhile
With the three Hunters

Kite, Gon, and Killua stumble upon a village, and it appears to be deserted. They search the whole village for any kind of clue as to what may have happened, or for signs of life.

As they do, Killua eventually says...
"Hey, something smells bad."

Gone then sees a stable in the distance.
"It's coming from over there." He says while pointing at it.

They walk over to the stable...and the horses are gone. What they do see though, is a blood trail that leads into the forest. As the three Hunters follow the trail, they soon come to a clearing in the forest. And at its center...are dead horses that have been I killed by something, and then impaled onto the trees.

are dead horses that have been I killed by something, and then impaled onto the trees

"It's like what a shrike does." Gon says.

"Huh?" Says Killua.

"There are birds called bull-headed shrikes, they often impale their prey on sharp objects." Kite explains.

A voice is heard all of a sudden.
"Hey!"

They look behind them to see who it is, and set their eyes on Rammot.

"What!"
"What the hell is that thing?" The boys were shocked to see a Chimera Ant for the first time, it wasn't what they expected.

"So, they can conceal their presence." Kite thinks, seeing as they were unable to detect the enemy.

As this is going on, Colt can be seen in the trees, witnessing the confrontation.

After a moment of silence, Rammot then point a finger at them, his expression getting more angry as time goes on.
"Filthy scum! Stay away from my damn prey!" He then goes to attack Kite, who was in the middle.

But Kite suddenly vanishes from sight, so Rammot then spread out is arms to attack Gon and Killua instead. The attack lands and the boys wince from the slight pain.

Suddenly, another figure comes out into the clearing. It was Maw, who seemed irritated.
"Dammit, I thought I told you to wait until I finished circling around them, you idiot![Looks at the dead horse hanging on the trees.] Seriously?! How many did you kill?!"