Chapter 1

After being granted permission from the Queen, the ants started to give themselves names that they believed best suited them. This would prove to be useful in identifying individual ants more conveniently, and the Chimera Ants continue on with their mission.

Elsewhere, a certain group of hunters figure out where the Chimera Ants may be residing, a country known as the Neo-Green Life Autonomous Region, or NGL, that is part of the Mitene Union. After this discovery, they decide to head to the country in order to investigate, in hopes of finding and eliminating the Chimera Ant Queen...
.
.
.

As they do, another group, consisting of four people, have already arrived in the region, in hopes of finding something on the ants as well. As they travel deeper into the NGL, two of them discuss the reasoning for why they're there.

"Bugs large enough to attack humans. Do you think they actually exist?" asks the first, this was Ponzu, a woman who decided to tag along with the group, claiming that her bees that she commands can be useful.

"It's pretty unbelievable, I know, but when you stop to consider the voice they heard over the transmitter and what it said, it's possible it could be some other kind of animal

"It's pretty unbelievable, I know, but when you stop to consider the voice they heard over the transmitter and what it said, it's possible it could be some other kind of animal." The other says, his name was Pokkle, a hunter, and leader of this small group.

"The NGL is one big nature preserve, so it's said to be inhabited by many organisms that have yet to be discovered by scientists

"The NGL is one big nature preserve, so it's said to be inhabited by many organisms that have yet to be discovered by scientists. It wouldn't be strange if there were insects that could attack humans. Even if there aren't any giant bugs, if we can confirm the existence of something new, it'll all be worth it. As a new Magical-Beast Hunter myself, it's important that I produce results. Now that I'm here, I have to accomplish something." Pokkle adds, smiling with determination towards the end of his statement.

Ponzu smiles at him as they continue riding on horseback, heading deeper into the region.
.
.
.
Meanwhile with the Chimera Ants
Meeting Room

The penguin ant, who has named himself Peggy, had called a meeting with rest of the squadron leaders to inform them on a new discovery. Most the them showed up to the meeting, while some didn't.