Chapter 14

Heather

After a week of trying to retain my life without Tyler, I came to a conclusion. I'm better off without him. My friends, that found out somehow, tried to distract me by taking me out to clubs, dinner and we even had a few classes of yoga together. It helped for the most part but there was still a numbness inside me that continued to nag at me.

Today was Monday so I had class in the morning and then I had to pick Luca up from school. I sat in the auditorium, a few people that I knew gave me a sympathetic look, I tried to avoid their stares. I guess the news spread further than I imagined. 

I don't even know why they'd bother to listen to the gossip that was going around about me, I'm not one of the popular people in college, in fact, I know about 5 people in total.

I sighed and tried to focus on the lecturer and make notes. The lecture passed by in a blur and it was nearing lunchtime, so I left my apartment to go to Gabriele's house. I  had to drop off my books and start with lunch. I entered the house, the familiar smell of Gabriele drifted around.

I started with all the chores I had to do. I walked to the bathroom, the pile of laundry was getting way too big. It wasn't a part of my chores but I'd rather do it since Gabriele has a knack for turning white clothes into any shade of the rainbow. Just ask Luca and his previously white, now pink socks.

I picked up the basket and walked to the laundry room, I started to sort out the pile. I stopped when an item took me by surprise. It was a black lace bra. I frowned, as far as I knew he wasn't dating anyone, but he could always have slept with someone. I felt a foul mood settle, but why?  I had no Idea, I mean he can date whoever he wants and sleep with whoever he wants, it's none of my business. I'm just the nanny, a loyal servant and I'm sure that's how he sees me.

I shoved the pile into the washing machine, I turned it on and continued to do all the things I had planned to do before I pick up Luca. I drove to Luca's school, my foul mood was beginning to wain but I still felt the anger bubble inside me. All the things he said was just to get me into bed and luckily for me, I had the good sense to not do anything with him.

When the bell rang Luca rushed out and hopped into the minivan. He looked happy, I am really glad that his bullying problem was sorted out. One of the lectures I went to described the effects of bullying if nothing is done, some people still suffer from it into their adult lives.

When we arrived home Luca jumped out of the car bolting for his room, I noticed he tugged at his school uniform the whole way home, he probably wasn't very comfortable. He has been growing so much lately. I need to remember to tell Gabriele about the uniform. I heated up the lunch I made earlier, we ate and I listened to all the things he told me about his day. I cleaned up and continued with some work I got today including a new assignment. It wasn't long before Gabriele came home, I felt the surge of anger again but pushed it aside. I had no right to be jealous. I'm just the nanny.

Luca greeted his father and continued to play outside, it wasn't dark yet so I left him to kick his soccer ball around. I could see him from the window so I continued to work on my assignment. Gabriele greeted me, I gave him a curt greeting.

After a few minutes later he came back downstairs. I looked up at him and I couldn't help but swoon a little, he wore jeans that accentuated his bottom and a shirt that was showing off his defined chest. I quickly reverted my gaze back to my book.

He went outside and I could see Luca and him playing soccer together, Luca looked happy and Gabriele even more so.

After I finished the chapter. I started with dinner. When I reached up for a pot, unfortunately, it was just too high to reach. I was about to turn around to get the step ladder but I bumped into something hard.