Chapter 10

Heather

"How exactly are you going to make me forget him?" I asked while Gabriele and I moved with the crowd to where the reception was being held.

"My little secret." We walked into the other huge tent. I gasped at how well decorated it was, ivory drapes with crisp white chairs and ivory linen, silver plates scattered around the table with a single white rosebud on every plate.

"Wow," I muttered beneath my breath. Gabriele was intently looking at me, studying every inch of my face. I tried to act like it didn't unnerve me one bit but it was becoming overwhelming. It wasn't a stalker kind of looking, more like trying to figure me out.

I searched for my name card, I wasn't really hopeful that there would be one, she kind of hates me and would let me eat outside the tent just because she could. I found it, besides me, there was a spot named 'Heather guest'. I took my seat Gabriele was seated beside me. Nichola and Alex entered the room after everybody was seated.

The first dance was coming up. I cringed looking down at the rosebud smelling it intently, I closed my eyes as they started to sway. It hurts to see them. It felt at that moment like no else could see I was hurt and I should suck it up. The song ended and I opened my eyes, my parents were moving to the dancefloor to dance, my brother hooked his arms around a girl in the crowd dancing with her. Gabriele moved his chair back.

I looked at him wondering what he was doing.

"Dance with me?" He smiled and held out his hand to me. I  really didn't feel like dancing and he is my boss, well my friend too but it feels inappropriate to dance with him on a romantic song (Thinking out loud).

"Please," He asked with a pleading look, I nodded. He pulled me close. I sucked in a breath. We were chest to chest, I could feel his heart rhythmically beating.

He placed his hand on the small of my back, with the other he took my hand in his. He started swaying to the rhythm.

"Relax," He whispered in my ear. From the distance I could see my sister glaring at me whispering something to  Alex, Alex looked at me.

"Maybe we found love right where we are" He dipped me, clung to him being afraid he might drop me. He pulled me back up, my heart was beating so quickly it felt like it was going to explode. He grinned at me, he wanted to make Nichola see us.

Just when we were about to sit down, Nichola came over. She looked between me and Gabriele. Jealousy was radiating off of her. At that point, I didn't care she had Alex and she had no right to be jealous. She had nothing left to take from me, at this point if she wanted Tyler she could have him too.

"I see you made it," She plastered on a sickly sweet smile.

"Yes, I wouldn't miss it for the world," I think I could feel bile rise as I said that. Luckily that long Island ice tea I had loosened my tongue.

"Mmh who is this?" She eyed up Gabriele, I felt my body heat up immediately.

"Gabriele." He said curtly. I could see he was already agitated.

"How do you know Heather?" She pried.

"I'm a good friend."

"Friend mmh? You were rather cozy, what would Tyler say if he saw that?" Gabriel clenched his jaw.

"It's called slow dancing." He said abruptly trying to remain civil.

"Sure..." She muttered walking away, she was purely trying to cause trouble. Tristen came over as I looked irritated at Nichola hoping something falls on her.