Chapter 13

Gabriele

I walked out of the office around lunchtime, I let out a relieved breath. This morning was hectic. I told Heather she could have the week off. Luca has been moody ever since I did, he told me that she promised she'd be coming back but now she isn't. I have this feeling he is beginning to see her as his mother, but I didn't want him to think like this. She could always leave or decide to quit since I was too forward by telling her how I feel.

Things were just so complicated at the moment, I couldn't catch my breath with all of it. I walked down the corridor, Aiden joined me and walked beside me as headed to the parking lot. He looked at me for a moment.

"You look different."

"No, I don't," I stated, he raised his eyebrow at me.

"Someone's touchy today, don't tell me...wait I know what's different, you got lucky." I glared at him.

"No, I didn't," I commented for the second time.

"What about that nanny of yours?" He enquired with his sometimes irritating British accent.

"No, she's not ready yet." I let it slip that things happened.

"Mmh? So I'm guessing her boyfriend isn't in the picture anymore. What are you waiting for? If you don't act another guy is going to come after her. Did you even tell her about your kind of sex?" I frowned gesturing for him to shut up. This guy is the most irritating person around and he knows just how to push my buttons.

"I'm going to keep my distance from her, she is the nanny-besides you, no one knew about that except Clara." I huffed.

"You better tell her before you get freaky, you should tell her about your super-freak side."

"Superfreak?"

"Yes, I mean you don't do missionary style, you go the whole nine yards, whips, binding and whatever else you have in your arsenal."

"What don't you understand about me keeping my distance. Besides, there are a lot of people that like something different."

"Just please tell her before it happens because seriously if you show it to her too late she's going to freak out, shy girls don't like surprises like those."

I waved him away as I walked to my car. It was true I liked it different and experimenting with things, no shame in that but I didn't want other people knowing it since that isn't anyone's business but my own. I must admit (not to his face) that he is right, that would be some surprise.

I shook my head, distance. Then I wouldn't have to worry about her and what I'd be saying to her or how to explain it. Why have I gotten myself into this mess, for Pete's sake she is the nanny. I told my mother that she didn't have to worry about the nanny and me, but yet here I am. I was going to keep my distance, however hard that may seem I'm sure that it is possible.

I got other worries besides her, like how the hell I'm going to manage without her, with Luca's mood I really don't know what to do. I tried talking to him but he throws a tantrum if I do.

I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket, I unbuttoned my suit and took it out.

I didn't know the number. Sometimes there are clients cal me from unknown numbers.

"Gabriele Armanto speaking."

"Hi Gabriele, it's Tristen" Tristen? Oh right, Heather's brother.

"Hi."

"When have you last heard from Heather?"

"Last week, why? I gave her the week off."

"I tried calling her but she isn't picking up, she told me about Tyler but I can't be there to talk to her since I'm in Seattle for the next week or so."