Part Eighteen - Miss Manager

*TW: mentions Sean*

Zac's POV//

I could hear Ana's laugh from upstairs as I got myself ready. Her and Kian were setting up interviews for a new manager since I fired Sean's dumbass. 

As soon as there was a thud, my heart dropped. 

"Are you okay?" Ana's asked through her laughter, relieving me. 

Kian was on the floor of my living room, hanging off the couch as he looked up at me.

We should consider baby proofing this house for him, he's always getting hurt. 

"I just thought jumping over would be faster" he muttered, collecting himself up. 

Ana covered her mouth, turning around to laugh making me smile wide. 

"Please don't hide that beautiful smile" I spoke softly, moving her hand away from her face. 

Her chin placed perfectly in the palm of my hand, allowing me to bring my lips against hers. Something I could never believe I was doing; kissing her. I'm always star struck. 

Kian cleared his throat, bringing my attention to him standing by the front door. 

"Go, and be nice to them please. I'll be in the other room" Ana's sweet voice instructed, her lips pressing against my jaw before I could react. 

I sat on the couch, looking down at the files on the table; Kian went full business man today. 

The first three candidates were a blur, I was honestly thinking about the situation at the gym earlier today. I haven't fought like that since well Sean.

"Okay, those three were not it but at least try for the rest" Kian snapped his fingers in my face. "Ana can you get him to focus" 

Once I heard her humming, my body relaxed. She was all I needed, I just want one day where we can lie in bed, talking, laughing, like we used to. 

The door opened, Ana's eyes widening slightly making me look over. I didn't recognise the guy but he looked about our age, maybe they're acquaintances from her previous town. 

His eyes shot straight to her, looking up and down before turning to me. Who the fuck is this idiot? 

"Wow, Zac Miller nice to meet you. I'm Connor, huge fan of yours by the way" He grinned, extending his hand out. 

My eyes flickered from his face to his hand, contemplating whether I ignore it or not. 

Luckily Kian cleared his throat, gesturing toward the seat. 

His eyes went back to Ana, "Liliana" the way her name rolled off his tongue made my stomach flip. 

Her hand gently squeezed my shoulder, "Connor, glad you're finally getting to meet Zac. Now if you'll excuse me" 

That's who he is; the dumbass who thought he could meet me through her. This idiot has the audacity to step into my house, check out my Ana and thinks he has a chance of getting this job. 

Kian was visibly confused but noticed my... discomfort with him. 

"Um look I'm sorry Connor, we need someone who clicks with Zac. Thank you for coming but we'll have to pass" Kian stated sternly, placing the resume on the table.

Connor's brows furrowed as he shook his head, "You have to at least ask me questions, look at my qualifications and consider me" he rebutted. 

Why don't we consider shoving your stupid blazer down your throat?

"I stopped considering the moment your eyes landed on her, conflict of interest" I shrugged, turning to Kian, gesturing for him to show Connor the door. 

Despite the insults muttered under his breath, he was escorted out as I made my way to the other room. 

Ana sat on the couch, reading a book so peacefully. I can tell there was conflict by the way her brows slightly furrowed, as she chewed on her inner cheek. 

"Are you alright? I honestly didn't know who he was" I asked, her eyes trailing up to mine as she nodded. 

I kneeled down, holding her hand in mine as I kissed them repeatedly.

"Hey, he may have been a good manager, I didn't want me to be the reason you don't hire someone" She spoke quietly.

She has always been so compassionate, giving people chances when they don't deserve it but never really sees the light within herself; she doubts herself.

I chuckled, shaking my head. "Oh love, he's gone don't worry. I've just got a few more to go but I'm more than happy watching you read" 

She threw her head back, laughing. "No, no go and find the right one please. I love you" 

I smiled back at her, quickly kissing her lips. "I love you" 

Kian was sat with another candidate, going through the resume as I made my way over. 

"Mr Miller, I'm Ayla Davis. It's a pleasure to meet you" She grinned, extending her hand out. 

She wasn't ogling me or batting her lashes, she seemed professional which was needed. 

"Nice to meet you too" I shook her hand, sitting back down. 

I observed as Kian asked the questions I requested, noting her responses. He gave me a look, signalling that he was impressed. 

"I think we both agree that you're the right one for the job, no?" Kian suggested, glancing at me for approval. 

I need to set boundaries before giving her the job, to make sure she understands my priorities. 

"I'm gonna be honest with you, he's right however my previous manager was fired for disrespecting and putting his hands on my wife. She's my priority and comes before everything so if you ever even consider doing something personal or work related that could conflict with her or our relationship, you're fired. Is that okay with you?" I explained seriously. 

She nodded understandingly, "I completely understand and respect the hell out of you" 

Kian cheered, clapping his hands. "You got the job, congratulations! I'll email you the contract" 

We were both exhausted and so done with the interviews, I'm just glad we found someone for the job.

Ana made her way over before being confronted with Kian who put his hands on her shoulders, shaking her. 

"I feel like mother fucking Oprah, you get a job and you get a job" He exclaimed, making me laugh.

"Kian, calm down buddy" Ana and I said in sync, smiling at each other. 

He let go so Ayla stood up as Ana smiled, "Hi, Liliana Foster, it's so nice to meet you and I'm so glad Z found a new manager" 

They greeted each other, immediately hitting it off with no hesitation.

I hope that i've done well as her boyfriend. That no one or thing could make her question our relationship or to doubt me. 

But it was within the way she smiled so bright and never once looked intimidated by Ayla, that makes me believe I have.