Part Seventeen - Thrice

Ana's POV //

Zac paced the room, getting ready to head to the gym to train. 

He was shirtless, wearing only grey sweatpants and his hair was still wet from the shower. 

"Can I watch you train?" I cleared my throat, stopping myself from drooling.

The smile on his face gave me the answer I needed. 

There were rapid footsteps until the door burst open; Kian of course. 

"I wanna go, can I come?" he begged, as if Zac would ever say no to him. 

I made my way out to the front, starting up the car to warm up. Despite the cold weather, Zac and would end up shirtless anyway. 

I heard Kian chuckling as he bolted out of the house, hiding behind me as a shield. 

"Kian, buddy?" I stifled a laugh. "What the hell did you do?"

Zac walked out, squinting his eyes at our friend behind me, a slight smirk on his face. 

"I'm not gonna do anything to you, buddy" he held his arms up in surrender, though the smile on his face spoke otherwise. 

We waited until Zac got into the car, before getting in. 

I glanced at Zac, watching as he suppressed a smile and handed me his phone. 

"I don't know why you ran from me, it's her you should be afraid of" he chuckled. 

Kian hummed, nervously happing his fingers, watching by my shoulder. 

It was a post. A photo of Zac and I, it was a cute one. 

"I accidentally posted it, I didn't mean to! Zac just showed me the photo of you two looking cute and it just happened" Kian panted, clearly panicking. 

I wasn't bothered, it was bound to happen any day. Maybe not by accident. 

"Why would I be mad at this? and how do you accidentally post something?" I asked, tilting my head. 

Kian sighed with relief, shrugging his shoulders. "My finger slipped" he muttered. "Thrice"

Z and I laughed, shaking our heads. The world would be dull without Kian. 

Walking through the gym again, reminiscing about the time I punched Sean; good memories. 

Zac put his things in the locker, unclasping his chain before glancing at me with a smile. 

"I've been waiting for the day where I'd have you here and it still amazes me" He spoke softly, cupping my face. 

I smiled at him, placing a gentle kiss against his lips. 

"I love you, Z. You have me forever. In the end, it'll always be you and I. It's us against the world" I whispered, his cheeks turning pink. 

I kissed him again, rubbing the back of his neck making him take a deep breath. 

"We gotta go right now before I pass out" his voice was low, husky. 

I chuckled, complying with him as we left the locker room. 

Kian was on the phone, looking quite stressed. "Sorry, I just have to set up meetings for Zac. He needs a new manager and a lot of people want to" 

Zac with a new manager? it should be fairly simple to find the right one. 

"Um set it up at the house, like an audition or something. Let Z pick them" I suggested, shrugging my shoulders. 

He thought to himself for a second before agreeing, immediately typing away on his phone. 

There were treadmills nearby, only a glass door separating the ring and the gym. 

I held onto Kian's wrist, dragging him over with me, amused by the looks on other people's faces. 

"You need to relax, work out. I'll be here" I assured, glancing at Z to make sure he knew where we were. 

As I jogged on the treadmill, my mind went to a thousand different things. From the interviews today to Zac and I alone...

I could see Kian from the reflection of the glass, lying on a bench, catching his breath. 

An unfamiliar guy walked beside me, trying to get my attention. Maybe he just needs help?

"Hey, I've never seen you here before... do you need someone to spot?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck. 

Do I need someone to spot me jogging... on a treadmill? no. 

I simply shook my head, turning it off. "Well uh I don't see you with anyone and there's no ring so?" He dragged.

Before I could respond, Kian popped up, wincing as if he were in pain. 

We both turned to him, the guy was clearly annoyed. 

"Don't tell me this is your boyfriend" he scoffed, making me want to punch him. 

Kian chuckled, shaking his head; amused by the situation. "Nope, he is" 

I felt arms snake around my waist, Zac's hard chest against my back. 

The guy scoffed again, looking Z up and down. Stupid, stupid idea. 

"I'm not gonna fight you for my girl, but I'll knock you out for fun" Zac smirked, sizing the guy. 

Kian's pouted his bottom lip, glancing at me; we were both impressed. 

Before I could process what was happening, we were watching Zac and some guy get into the ring. 

They were on opposite ends, putting the gloves on. I'm convinced he doesn't know who Zac is.

"Just a heads up, I've trained with the pros" He cockily called out, cracking his neck. 

Zac glanced at us, winking at me. "That's cute, you ever boxed with Zac Miller?" Kian responded. 

He chuckled to himself, shaking his head. 

"Well you're about to" Zac spoke calmly before throwing a punch.

It didn't take longer than another punch for the guy to be lying on the floor, groaning in pain. 

Kian and I both covered our mouths, preventing us from laughing aloud. 

"Don't ever look at my girl again" Zac grunted, dropping the gloves and making his way down. 

His arms wrapped around my waist, placing a kiss on the side of my head. 

Zac was never the overly over-protective type, he was secure enough in our relationship but when it came to people disrespecting me, our relationship or our friends, he would run to the ends of the earth. 

As we decided to leave, I seemed to have missed something and Kian went running outside. 

"Oh shit" Z and I both gasped, watching Kian fall on his ass. 

It was raining outside and he slipped. It was impossible for us not to laugh. 

"Just- just give me a minute" He groaned, shutting his eyes. 

Zac held my hand, spinning me around to face him. 

I smiled, watching as the rain poured over us. He wrapped his arms around my waist as mine traced up his chest, around his neck.

We swayed, smiling each other. "I love you" our voices laced together smoothly. 

We were dancing in the rain, just like we did all those years ago. Whenever there was rain, Z and I would be out singing and dancing together. 

Difference is, Eli would be too. I hope he's dancing in the sky.