Part Sixteen - Ring ring?

Zac's POV //

I can't explain the rattling feeling in my chest as I watched Ana read my letter to her. Five years. 

"Earth to Zac attack" Kian snapped in my face.

Flynn and I both cringed, instinctively shoving Kian as he laughed. 

"Never call me that again, Kiki" I warned, grinning at his disgust. 

I could feel Flynn's eyes burn into my head, as if he was trying to telepathically listen to my thoughts. Maybe he can honestly, the man just knows things; like master shi fu. 

He discreetly pointed at a ring on his finger - he knew. 

Ana and Mila were out getting their nails done, leaving the three of us in my living room. 

I nodded before feeling Kian's cold hand tap my knee, glaring at the two of us. 

"You guys keeping secrets from me? Why? Why would you exclude me? I'm the best secret keeper" Kian whined, grasping onto his chest dramatically. 

We laughed, ruffling his hair. "Because you can't keep a secret" 

I'm terrified of what Ana would think or say. Knowing that all these years I've kept a ring - one that belongs to her, only. A ring to seal our fate; for her to officially become Mrs Miller. 

Kian stood up, pacing my living room with a confused look on his face. 

"Oh- OH you're gonna propose to Lils" He exclaimed, clearly proud of the very obvious fact. 

Flynn hummed, shaking his head at me; not disappointed but understanding. 

"It's too soon right now, we only just got back together and so much has happened within such little time. I'll know when the time's right" my voice was soft, I was nervous.

We all stayed silent for a minute, Kian being the first to make a noise. Being quiet is not Kian's strong suit but we love him for that. 

"She never needed a ring or anything to be comfortable and secure within your relationship, we all saw that. When you gave her that promise ring, nothing changed which is how it should be; a ring didn't force you guys to live up to any stereotypical standards - you were already committed to the fullest extent" He explained, smiling at me wide. 

I've never been so proud this guy, he deserved the world. 

We shook hands, nodding in agreement. Flynn simply sat there shocked and impressed. "He... actually made sense. And she has always been Mrs Miller" 

Kian beamed, tapping his chest with pride. "So where's the ring-"

Mila and Ana walked through the door, glancing at us. She knows, she heard, oh my god. 

"Like ring ring makes no sense, phones don't even sound like that anymore. More like da da da ding ding ding" He tried to play it off.

The girls laughed, shaking their heads at him. I think it worked, I mean we have stupid conversations all the time. I hope. 

Ana made her way toward me with the biggest, most beautiful smile. "My girl" 

I brought her onto my lap, kissing her cheek immediately. I craved her all the time. 

She put her hand out, her nails were longer and had white on the tips. I'm pretty sure there's a name for it, german or something. 

"They look incredible Ana, so beautiful" I spoke softly, kissing the back of her hand repeatedly. 

Unintentionally, the final kiss landed on her ring finger. 

I watched as she talked to Kian, smiling for all the right reasons. 

Since the day I first laid eyes on her; through our heart break, the reunion and now, she has always had this effect over me. 

That the world could be caving in but I look at her and everything would be okay. 

Whenever I felt nervous, angry or sad - her smile was enough to create peace and calmness within me. 

And that no amount of money or fights I won, nothing compared to love of my Ana. My home.

*5 years ago*

It's official; Ana and I are done - over. 

She went back inside, leaving me alone on the porch. Two minutes have gone by and I feel like my heart was ripped out of my chest. 

I cried into my hands, feeling every sting and crack in my heart as her words repeated in my head. 

"Zac, love?" Sara spoke softly, sitting beside me. 

The realisation that I'm also losing her family ached a little more than before. 

I heard sniffling, she was crying. Looking up to see tears form in her eyes. 

"I'm so sorry Zac. I didn't know this was going to happen. You'll always be family" her voice croaked. "It'll always be you two" 

The door creaked open, our attention turning to Eli who furrowed his brows. 

I shut my eyes, feeling the tears roll down my cheeks. 

"No" he whispered, sitting on the other side of me. "No, Zac you're my brother" 

I pulled him into my arms, his tears soaking my shirt. He's only eight and experiencing heartbreak. 

"You'll always be my brother Eli. I promise I'll be back but until she's ready, take care of her okay?" I cleared my throat.

He nodded against my chest, wiping his tears. 

Sara took a deep breath, reaching behind her and placing a small box in my hand. 

Eli's breath hitched, he knew what it was. 

I cautiously opened it, shocked by the contents of it. It was far from what I imagined. 

"When you two come back together in the future... when you know the time is right" She spoke softly, squeezing my arm gently. 

It was her engagement ring, the one Henry proposed to her with. There were no fictional couples Ana looked up to, none of them compared to her parents' love story. 

I chuckled lightly, smiling at her. "I had always planned to ask you and Henry for it, I just never thought this would be the way" 

We all smiled at each other with tear stained cheeks. This may be my last moment with them or until next time. 

"Whether it be a few months or five years, I promise to take care of her. Through whatever, I'll be there holding her hand. At end of every life time, I'll be there. And you guys will too, I promise"