Part Fifteen - DNA Test

*TW: Sean*

Her POV //

I don't know whether I feel relieved to hurt that the baby isn't Zac's, we all were. 

"So you're telling me she just dropped off a baby with essentially a bunch of strangers?" Flynn spoke up.

We nodded slowly until Kian yelped.

"This is borderline kidnapping oh my god I'm too pretty for prison" He rambled, hugging a cushion tightly. 

I tried not to laugh at him, turning to Zac who was looking down at the baby. 

He was confused and hurt; he didn't know what to do now. 

The doorbell rang, please be the mother, this is too much. 

Kian opened the door revealing Sean and the mother, all of us tensing. 

"We did the DNA test, he's not mine" Zac spoke up, glancing at the two of them.

Guilt was plastered all over their faces and I have no idea what Sean was doing here. 

The mother turned to Sean with wide eyes, realisation hitting me so I grabbed Sean by the collar and forcefully pinning him against the wall. 

"You don't get it do you? You're not his manager anymore. How naive do you have to be to offer a mother money? For what? a stupid PR stunt" I seethed, speaking quietly as the baby was still asleep. 

He glanced at Zac for help, "C'mon man, don't do this. Help me out" 

Zac scoffed, shaking his head at him. 

"You're doing great my love, punch him if he tries anything"  Zac chuckled, handing the baby back to the mother. 

Sean hummed, turning back to me. "When his career diminishes, know that it's your fault" 

I scoffed, pushing him away from me. "And when you rot and die alone, know that it's your fault" 

He straightened his suit, leaving the house angrily. 

"I'm so sorry" The mother spoke up, gathering the baby's stuff. 

I smiled at her, waving it off as Zac did the same. 

"Has he paid you yet?" she shook her head. "Okay well i'll write you a check, double the amount to take care of you two" 

We all smiled at Zac, knowing how selfless and caring he is. 

She said thank you about twenty times, gently rocking her baby. It was a sweet sight, she just wanted to provide for her baby as any parent should. 

I walked her out, placing the bag in the car before she pulled me into a hug. 

"Take care of yourself and little man. What is his name, if you don't mind me asking?" I asked as she got into the car. 

Her smile was wide, so proud. "Eli"

Tears filled my eyes instantly, looking away as she drove off. His name was Eli. 

I looked at the front door, seeing everyone stand there smiling at me. 

Zac immediately noticed the tears, making his way over to me and hugging me tight.

"What wrong, my girl?" He hummed, rubbing my back. 

I shut my eyes, wrapping my arms around his neck. 

"His name was Eli" I whispered. 

We were then engulfed into a group hug, hearing Kian hum something familiar. 

"Kian buddy?" Zac mumbled. 

He continued humming, resting his head against Zac's shoulder. 

"Are you humming to that one Lion King song as my girl's crying?" Zac asked seriously making us all laugh as we pulled away. 

Kian nodded, suppressing his laughter. It was so familiar, I know it. 

"I just can't wait to be king" I gasped excitedly. 

He smiled wide, nodding at me eagerly. Such a child. 

*2 Hours Later*

Everyone else left, leaving Zac and I alone. 

"How are you feeling, Z?" I asked, sitting beside him in bed. 

He smiled at me, kissing the back of my hand. 

"It was a lot today but I'm good, I felt like I was on a TV show" he mumbled the end. 

I reached for my bag, pulling out the book he had gifted me all those years ago. His eyes widened at the sight of it, parting his lips. 

"I never opened it, five years and I couldn't bring myself to do it" I breathed out, watching as he traced his hand over the cover. 

He stifled a laugh, looking up at me. "For someone so impatient sometimes, I'm shocked" 

I gasped, acting offended as I covered my face with my book. 

He laughed, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer. 

The book was in perfect condition; a hard cover even though I prefer paperbacks because I don't trust myself enough. 

I cautiously opened up to the first page, shocked to see that he had written all over the blank page, seeing his handwriting would have destroyed me, had I opened it earlier. 

"Z" I whispered, tears forming in my eyes. 

He pressed his lips against the side of my head, "I know my love, you got this" 

'To My Ana, 

I know we parted ways, that by the time. you're reading this; you and I would be in different timezones. 

I'm writing this to let you know that you are my home. I remember your dad and I talking in the living room just a few weeks ago. He told me that home isn't always four walls and a roof but it could be a person and to me, that is you. 

My home is Liliana Foster (Miller). And I know you're a big believer in fate so if it doesn't bring us together, I will be our fate. I will come to you, wherever you are in the world and we'll be okay. 

I know that sounded stalker-ish, I promise it didn't mean to but you know what I mean. 

I understand now why you showed me that one 5SOS song, Beside You. I listen to it a lot. We fall asleep underneath the same sky. I wish I was beside you. My heart wants to come home. 

I live, breathe and fight for you. You did what you had to do, for your own sake but my girl, you don't have to carry this burden around with you. It's not your fault. 

Maybe you're reading this when I'm on my way to you or perhaps you're coming back to me. Or maybe you've moved on with someone new (if so, I hope you're happy). But if you happen to be with me right now, reading this... 

I'm in love with you and I have been for years. It has and always will be you. You don't have to answer me right now or ever but I just need you to know that I have always wanted to ask you this:

Liliana Foster, will you marry me?

- Your Z ♡' 

Tears blurred by vision by the time I finished reading. His breath hitched, waiting for a response. 

I put the book down, tackling him into a big hug as we both chuckled. 

"I promise to ask you for real, My Ana. I knew then and I know even more now that I still want it, everything with you" He spoke softly, running his hands through my hair. 

I nuzzled my face by his neck, soaking in the moment. Partially beating myself up over the fact that i had this the entire time. 

For five years. What could have been had I read this earlier, maybe my family would still be here. Maybe.