Part Three - Carlos' Pizza

Her POV //

I sat on my bedroom floor, staring at my phone. I'm supposed to head to Flynn's but I just don't want to be asked about the move. The reason why I came back. That's not something I'm ready to talk about yet it'll be the most asked question.

My stomach growled. I should get something to eat before going, let's go. There are some places just down the road and the weather was perfect for a walk.

I found myself just following wherever my body decided to take me, smiling at every dog that passed by.

I stopped by a store, the familiar scent filling my nose so I looked up. It was the pizza place Zac and I ended up at one night, starving. Ever since then we came in once a week, every Friday, it was our thing.

I walked inside, the chime of the door overwhelming me with nostalgia. Everything was the same, the booth we sat at was still there, empty.

"As I live and breathe, Liliana Foster" Carlos, the owner gasped, covering his mouth.

I smiled at him, waving as I walked toward the counter.

"You are all grown up, wow look at you! How's the family?" He gushed, with so much enthusiasm as always.

I chuckled, "Good, good. How have you been?" I asked, changing the subject.

He began talking about his family, the business, it was admirable. "The usual?" He asked hesitantly.

"I'm a picky eater, of course " I grinned so he nodded, not writing anything down.

I furrowed my brows, looking at the notepad. "Oh sweetie, of course i'm going to make it for you, i know it by heart... Zac's too"

Zac. I mean I knew he was going to mention him but I was still caught off guard.

Carlos glanced at me, as if he wanted to so badly ask about us but wanted me to be the one to just blurt it out.

"Um well I only moved back two days ago but I reunited with everyone, Zac too. It's been five year since we broke up but we're good" I explained, feeling the sudden urge to just cry.

He smiled at me, comforting. "I never thought you guys would. Yes, you were young but we all saw it. The day he came in alone, everything just changed, the weather, I swear it was like a novella"

Zac still came here after we broke up? I mean of course he could I just didn't think he would've.

Carlos noticed my confusion so he rested his chin in the palm of his hands, smiling.

"That boy came here every Friday for three years. Stopped when he had to focus on fighting but I think one of those days, he was hoping you would be here" He sighed, glancing at the booth; our booth.

My heart hurt, thinking about him coming in here alone, looking up for me. He hates eating alone, so do I but he did it.

Does have a place with Kara they go to once a week? Does he do the same things with her?

I looked up to see Carlos' jaw drop so I waved my hand in his face, "Are you having a stroke?" I asked, internally freaking out.

The door opened, the chime ringing in my ears again so I turned around to see him.

He looked up at me, taking the hood off. It felt like time froze, it was just the two of us here. Why isn't he at Flynn's with everyone else? Maybe he's picking up food for everyone else.

"Mr Zachary Miller, long time no see" Carlos exclaimed, startling me.

Zac stood beside me, smiling at Carlos. "Hey Z" I smiled, looking up at him.