My Mate is Different

ZACH P.O.V.
"I dare you to yank off that girl's hood."Luke,my beta,dared as we played dare or lose.

"That's easy man."I said as I got up from the stairs.

"Just curious."Luke said as I made my way to the hooded girl.

I'm the alpha of the Blood Moon Pack,one of the best and strongest pack in the werewolf world. My mother,the dean of this university,forced me to attend college when I clearly didn't need one. She says its to refine my alpha skills and maybe to meet my mate as well. Werewolves have their soulmates that they can find during the first time they shift which is at 18 years old but I haven't still found mine and I need to find her,the pack is growing restless without a luna. (We werewolves stay in a pack and each pack has a leader,the alpha who rules with his mate or soulmate,the luna. We call our second in command beta.)

As I neared the hooded girl,an unfamiliar scent hit me but it smells good. I reached out and yanked the hood off her. She turned around and I was captivated by her. She's so beautiful. Blake,my wolf,started shouting mate in my head.

"Mate."I said.

"Sorry,what?"my mate asked. Her voice sounds like an angel.

"You're my mate."I said again. That's when it hit me,she's human. Great,I have a lot of explaining to do. I was about to introduce myself when I noticed that she's fidgeting. Her eyes are darting to the people,whom I haven't notice,that are looking at her.

I looked closely at her and mate or not,her beauty is mesmerizing along with her beautiful voice. My mate is perfect but I have to get her out of here. I grabbed her hand,ignoring the spark and pulled her with me as I headed to my secret hangout,the greenhouse. When we arrived there,she sat down.

"Zach,she's different."Blake said in my head.

"Of course she's different,she's our mate."

"No,I meant different,different. I can sense something else with her."Blake said.

"Sorry,I'm not good with crowds."my mate suddenly said. Her melodic voice filling the silence just a moment ago.

"I'm Zachary by the way,call me Zach."I said.

"Venus Star."she simply said and we stared at each other again.

"You know,for a werewolf,you smell strangely wonderful."she suddenly said. What?

"How did you know that I'm a werewolf?"I asked in surprise.

"Uhm...... I need to go."she said and stood up. She started walking away,I followed her.

"You're human but you know I'm a werewolf,how did you know?"I asked again as I followed her inside the elevator in the main building.

"I don't know...."

"You're a bad liar,Star."I said and she looked at me.

"Star?"

"Yes,I'm gonna call you star."I said. Because you're my star.

The elevator opened and she walked out,I followed as she suddenly opened my mother's office.

"I didn't know what to do so I came here."she said as soon as we saw my mother. My mother looked at me.

"Zach what's going on?"my mother asked.

"Wait you know him?"Star asked in surprise.

"Yes,he's my son."my mother answered. Star paused for a while.

"Well is something wrong with your son?He smells amazing,not woods and I felt sparks when he touched me."Star said. Blake and I laughed.

"She's my mate."I said to my mother and I can see her doing a happy dance in her head.

"Venus,I don't think I can help you with that but you can trust him,I promise,he won't harm you."my mother said and Star and I stared at each other again.

"Uhm would you mind explaining it to him,I need to go,bye."she said and darted out with great speed that I was left with my jaw opened. I turned to my mother who was smiling.

"Do you mind telling me what was that?"I asked.

"Zach,she's a hybrid. Vampire and werewolf. A rare creation that needs protection. You have to take care of her Zach."