The Tea

VENUS P.O.V.
"Confusing world isn't it?For a human like you."she started when the tea arrived.

"Not really. My father was a werewolf to begin with."I cautiously said as to give her a hint.

"Aah then you have a human mother then. Is your father in that pack?"she picked up her tea and casually smelled it. I feel like I want to smirk.

"His name is Warren McDaniel."she froze and looked at me with a blank face.

"You don't look like Warren."a smile formed on my lips unknowingly.

"Do you know my father?"she kept quiet and studied me for a while.

"He's my mate."she slowly said and waited for my reaction but of course she won't be able to see although I'm surprised that she said it honestly.

"I know and he also told me about her."her face paled,for she knows who that 'her' is. We grew to an awkward silence for a while.

"May I ask you a question?"I asked when her color returned. She nodded but I can see that she's on her guard.

"What would you have named your daughter?"she smiled and her eyes looks like she was in a distant place.

"Star,I would have named her Star.My darling Star."

That took me by surprise. Even though my father was a different man then,there was still that part of him that loved my mother to death to be able to name me at my mothers favor. I grew quiet and just sat there.

A few minutes later,we heard growls from afar. My mother looks alarmed but I stayed calm and found the tea suddenly good.

"Impossible!This hideout is dificcult to find!"My mother exclaimed.

"Well,your pack really must have angered my mate. He's not a person that you should mess with. I know because even though it's just a glimpse,he's a very capable man. Besides you should be proud."

"Proud?!"

"Afterall he's going to be your son-in-law in the future,mother. You must have figured it out by now,you look slightly like me. I heard that you visited papa,have you seen other women by his side that time?No. Papa lied to you."She was silent all this time.

A tear fell down followed by another then another. My mother is crying in front of me yet I can't feel anything else than relief,somehow,my heart feels lighter in a way.

Howls of victory filled the air before blood soaked Zach appeared with my half-dead step-brother. Zach's face softened when he saw me,I smiled as he grabbed me and soiled my shirt with blood.