Mark

ZACH P.O.V.
I noticed Star's car when I drove by the mall,I was just driving around after drowning myself in work.Blake was silent while I parked beside Star's car,he must be thinking of something he doesn't want me to see.

I half ran to Stars house and knocked,no answer,I tried the knob,it was unlocked,so I went inside. The kitchen and the living room are empty. I tried her bedroom and there she is,curled in a ball in her bed wearing just her underwears and a blouse. She was looking out the window and this time,her expression is readable,she's sad.

"Star?What's wrong baby?"I tried asking. Her gaze went to me.

"Lie down beside me."she whispered and I did as she asked after I removed my shoes. She hugged me immediately when I lied down and buried her face in my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed the top of her head.

"Do you want to talk about it?"I asked and I felt her shake her head,I pulled the cover around us and we stayed silent as I patted her back. She slept afterwards.

I went to the living room after I made sure that Star was comfortable.I turned the TV on and watched a game but I can't concentrate on it,my thought is always wandering to the fact that Star is very upset to be able to show an emotion on her face and I've always known that Star is strong but she's showing weakness now.

"Something must have happened when she went back to New York."Blake finally spoke.

"Oh it speaks."I said sarcastically.

"Sorry,I was thinking of something a while ago."

"What were you thinking that you have to block me out?"He stayed silent for a while.

"We can't lose Star again."

"I'm working on it,aren't I?"

"No I mean we have to claim her."

"You mean mark her?Blake that's not a good idea,she's just warming up to us."

"Yeah,I know,it's just a thought."he stayed silent after that.

I looked up and saw Star leaning against the wall,her expression returned to being unreadable. She smiled at me.

"What are you thinking?"she asked as she came and sat down beside me. She has a short on and has changed her blouse to a thin sweater.

"Thinking about you. My wolf is thinking of marking you."I said honestly to her.

"Then why won't you?"I thought she was joking but there's no humor in her eyes but she was smiling.

"Do you want me to?"I asked and looked at her dead serious.

"Yes."she simply answered.

"Star,are you sure?You just got here a few days ago and I thought you want to take things slow?I don't want you making a decision that you'll regret later. Marking you means that when I hurt you,it's double the pain and-"Star crushed her lips unto mine and I was lost.

Moments later,we were returning to her bedroom,clothes decorating the floor as we walked to it. I shut the door.