The geyser and the tears (End of Part 1)

A few days later

FLORIAN POV

I was standing on top of the viewing platform, watching the drones working on the construction of the city. Maybe these buildings won't be particularly beautiful, but they provide that unique atmosphere plus they are sturdy as hell and easy to maintain. Perfect for building extraterrestial colonies! It may not have been the cheapest solution, but asteroidal plasteel really gets the job done. I went into too much detail... Well, the city is being built. And man, it's growing so fast ! What was once barely a few refineries and mining machines has now turned into an entire mining district - and that's just the first of four districts !

FDL : Hm, about 23% of the construction has been completed. Not bad for two days of work. At this rate, we'll finish this city in about a week. Well that-

Suddenly, the whole area started shaking, and there were sounds of the earth moving around. I gripped the railing tightly, trying to determine the source of the shaking.

FDL : What the fu-.

Suddenly, in one corner of the crater where the leisure district was to be located, water shot out. It did - like a geyser, a huge stream went up as high as 50 metres. What power !

FDL : Eh ? A geyser ? It-

The water momentarily stopped flowing, and steam rose from the hole from which the water had emerged.

FDL : Hm... This planet will never ce-

RZM : BOSS ARE YOU OK?!

Fucking let me finish at least one-

Razumihin landed on the railing of the platform making it lean slightly to the left. I need to have this platform reinforced...

Razumihin probably looked scared for the first time in his life.

RZM : We have to get out of here ! The earth has started to get angry with us !

Eh ?

FDL : Eh... I don't think that's the reason for this shock....

I pointed my finger towards the steaming hole (in the ground). Razumihin leaned towards the direction I pointed towards, almost falling off the tower. Mind that he was on the railing the whole time.

RZM : Yeah... That makes much more sense.

FDL : You didn't see that big column of water ?

RZM : Well... I was distracted...

---

Moments before the shock

RAZUMIHIN POV

RZM : Just one more turn...

I was playing on the computer inside mine and Razkolnikov's quarters. Along with the equipment still came computers, and we were given the opportunity to test them. They're g r e a t .

The ship stood where it stands, which is in the very center of the colony.

Suddenly the whole room began to shake.

RZM : Wow, the vibration effects this pad's using are really... Wait, I'm playing on the computer.

I suddenly freeze. The boss was at that moment supposed to be observing the city from a new viewing platform... He....

HE CAN FALL DOWN !

RZM : BOSS !

I launched from the ship towards the platform. I need to make sure that-