Three black cones

A week later...

FLORIAN POV

I think we've acclimated to this facility rather well !

...probably.

I sat behind a desk in my „new" office, typing important stuff into my computer. The computer itself miraculously survived the oil flood and, after proper cleaning, was still usable. Even the data wasn't corrupted !

Now that The Storm has passed, I have to get back to work. Things are going really well and, looking at reports from other colonies (DaLouc Enterprises doesn't have just this one) are yielding incredible results. I quickly gave the first "evidence" to the relevant Earth justice departments and...well, all we have to do now is wait.

However, this is not my only problem...

I received news from Earth. It is rumored that Henrietta's grave...

...THAT Henrietta....

...has been robbed.

I'd love to go back to Earth and personally kick the asses of these thieves, but I think I can guess right away that this is just plain bait.

A way to "keep me out of the planet when THEIR plan is in motion".

Mr. JcJenson... Would he really go so far as to rob his daughter's grave ?

He's really a petty fucker...

---

RAZKOLNIKOV POV

I opened the door to the Boss' room. It was a medium-sized room quickly converted into a makeshift bedroom with a desk. Thankfully, many of the rooms in this base were designed with their former, human, occupants in mind - they even have hot water !

Or more like a way to heat water - until we can connect water from the source to the pipes, only Florian would be able to bathe without.... short circuit our hardware.

We are water resistant, but not waterproof.

Back to the topic... I entered the room and closed the door with me. Florian did not even take his eyes off the computer.

FDL : Yes, Roida ?

RKN : I bring the report, sir.

FDL : Go on.

J, exceptionally, was not present in the room - Boss sent her to help V and N renovate the rooms while we're here - at least we'll make sure the base doesn't collapse on others' heads.

RKN : Nothing out of the ordinary, though.... There is something I have to tell you, sir.

FDL : Hm ?

Florian took his eyes off the computer.

RKN : It seems that there's some kind of .... bias against "Disassembly Drones".

FDL : Well, they did some drone killing here. I think that through dedicated service and helping others, they'll get their redemption someday. Is it that serious ?

RKN : Well... I've heard...

---

FLASHBACK

V POV

I walked down the corridor towards the "construction site", carrying paint. It's not a very "dignified" job - but most of these "drones" are busy cleaning the outside base, so someone has to do it. I'm happy to help, I guess.