Chapter 10: Anger

Jungkook gave Lalisa an unreadable gaze that was as deep as an ancient well. Seeing it was almost time for dinner, Lisa ignored the warning and brought Haru into the house.

Nanny Li looked at Jungkook's expression and wondered how Miss Xia had angered Young Master again.

Ever since Jungkook was born, he had been very confident in everything he did. Almost no one had escaped his control. But just today alone, he had experienced it twice.

Fortunately, Lisa did not know what Jungkook was thinking at that moment. Otherwise, she would definitely laugh and say that his imagination was too strong.

After a moment of silence, Jungkook stood up and followed him inside. As Haru walked into the house, he tugged on Jungook's sleeve, pulling him along.

Nanny Li, who was sitting in the corner, cursed in her heart. 'Young Master wanted to go in to eat, right? Otherwise, with Little Master's little strength, how could he possibly move Young Master?'

The cutlery in the room was already set up. Lalisa looked towards the father and son who looked so similar to each other, but what she received was Jungkook's warning gaze.

"..." Lisa was speechless. It was just a meal. Weren't modern people very open-minded? Why did it seem like an ancient rule that men and women should not be intimate?

But she did not show it on her face. She told Haru to sit properly and simply ignored Jungkook.

The person whom he thought would tend to him eagerly had ignored him. The mother and son ate happily and left him alone, making him look awkward.

For some reason, Jungkook felt suffocated. He sat down at the table with a dark face and ate his meal in a very low mood.

Unfortunately, one of the people at the table was chirping and acting coquettishly towards his mother while the other was engrossed in her food as if she was eating delicacies. No one paid any attention to him.

The more he ate, the more unhappy he became. Finally, after dinner, Jungkook put down his chopsticks and walked out the door, leaving behind the dumbfounded Haru and the smiling Lisa.

"Mommy, why did Daddy leave?"

No matter how smart Haru was, he was still a child. In the past, he had grown up by the nanny's side and knew that his parents' relationship wasn't good. He had thought that his parents had reconciled after seeing Jungkook and Lisa having meals and even waiting for him to finish school together these two days.

But now, it was obvious that Jungkook was angry. He was afraid that Lisa and Jungkook would return to their former state.

Sensing the worry in Haru's eyes, Lalisa pulled him into her arms.

"Baby, no matter what Daddy and Mummy's relationship is like, it won't affect Mommy's love for you." She paused. "And Daddy's too. Don't worry, okay?"

Then, she leaned over and kissed Haru's forehead. "Mommy will be with you."