Chapter XXV: Perfect Partners

Roughly 3 weeks have passed since the case of Sinon Vulpes had been solved. It was a beautiful Friday morning; the sun was shining, little mammals had fun playing with a ball in the grass, and to all that day, life seemed perfect. Strolling through the middle of this tiny park near the ZPD was Nicholas Wilde himself, and as he made way to the doors of the ZPD, he began to think over many different thoughts, When I was a little cub, I thought Zootopia was a terrible place, where prey animals dominated predators, and I could only be what others expected me to be. Turns out, my cynical view of the city was not the most accurate view of the city. It's true; there'll always be mammals unwilling to see others as their equals. There'll always be villains who seek to harm others for their own personal gain. As he entered the doors of the ZPD, seeing Judy not too far from Clawhauser's desk, giving each other morning greetings, Nick smiled as he continued his thoughts, such goodness in this world, and so many mammals who show that goodness to others every single day. Once Judy caught sight of Nick, he saw her smile warmly as she waved hello, and as Nick followed her to the bull room, he finished his thoughts with these words, And that alone is worth fighting for.

 Once Judy caught sight of Nick, he saw her smile warmly as she waved hello, and as Nick followed her to the bull room, he finished his thoughts with these words, And that alone is worth fighting for

As they took their seats at the bull room, Nicholas noticed that the ZPD had received its newest recruit: a weasel who had proven to the other officers that he was well worth his salt. With Judy by his side, Nicholas watched as Bogo made his way through the door as normal, taking his place at the podium. The chatter in the room had not broken up yet, and so Bogo had to stop the chatter as normal, "Alright, alright, enough. Shut it!" With the room quieted down, Bogo gave the announcements for the day, "I see we have our new recruit with us this morning: our first weasel officer in the ZPD." The weasel looked quite pleased with himself, and just as normal, Bogo stated bluntly, "Who cares." With that statement, Nick took another shot at some humor for the morning, "Ha! I see you're still working on those lines of inspirational greetings, sir!" "Not now, Wilde!" Bogo retorted, though from the look on his face he had probably expected this. The other officers could not help but chuckle at Nick's good humor. Once all of that was done, Bogo gave the normal assignments for the day, "Assignments. Officers Grizzoli, Fangmeyer, Delgato: Rainforest Patrol. McHorn, Rhinowitz: Tundratown SWAT. Snarlof, Higgins: City Central Patrol. Wallace (the weasel cop), Wolford: Undercover." Once again, Judy and Nick found themselves to be the last to be called upon by the chief, "Hopps, Wilde, I would like to see you two in my office." Giving each other a look, wondering if they had done something wrong, Judy and Nick followed their chief officer to his office.

" Giving each other a look, wondering if they had done something wrong, Judy and Nick followed their chief officer to his office