Chapter XII: Confessions

Nicholas awoke on a small bed, no blankets covering his body. A bright light shone on his face, and he was forced to cover his face with his hands to give his eyes time to adjust. Looking around the room, he saw a female pig dressed in a white uniform, her smile sweet and welcoming. "Good afternoon, Mr. Wilde." she said to him with a sweet tone, clearly trying to make him feel relaxed. Nicholas felt around his own body, remembering that he had been struck by a bullet. Feeling around, he found a wrapping of cloth around his chest, the thickest portions covering his injury. He assumed that the bullet was already out, and looking over at one of the tables, he saw a bullet contained within a bag. "I assume I am in the hospital." Nick commented to the nurse, "How long have I been out?" "Roughly 8 hours, I believe." the nurse replied. "You are in the City Central Hospital, Room 277." "Is there a bunny here as well?" Nick asked, hoping that Judy was alright. "There is an injured bunny cop here as well, and she is in Room 276." the nurse replied evenly. Thank goodness she's okay. Nick thought to himself reassuringly. When he had left her to make sure Mr. Big had gotten out of there successfully, he had always been worried that his decision may have cost him his beloved Judy, and knowing that she was fine was for a great reassurance to his troubled mind.

"There is a visitor for you as well sir," the nurse told him. "And I believe he wishes to speak with you in private." Thanking the nurse for informing him, Nicholas was quite curious to see who had come to visit him. Was it an old bud of his? Had Bogo come to pay his condolences, telling him to take his time in recovering? He was not sure. In the end, he knew that all he had to do was wait, which was perfectly fine by him. After all, something told him that a day or two of recovery would be quite necessary to recover from his injury, since wounds like this were not typically the sort of injuries one could just walk away from.

 After all, something told him that a day or two of recovery would be quite necessary to recover from his injury, since wounds like this were not typically the sort of injuries one could just walk away from

The visitor came up to the door slowly, as if they were taking the time to test the atmosphere in the room. Once the nurse walked out of the room, giving the visitor and Nicholas complete privacy, the visitor entered into the room. Nicholas recognized him immediately, for the name for the visitor was none other than Alex Satur himself. Alex looked almost solemn as he entered into the room, his blue eyes filled with meaning. Rather quickly, Nicholas noticed that he had a strange look in his eyes, a look which seemed to resemble guilt. Moreover, whether Alex had intended to do so or not, he could tell he was looking at his injury. Then it hit Nicholas. The bullet which was removed from my injury proves that I was shot by a rifle, and something tells me a sniper rifle at that. Nick pondered, remembering the way the bullet looked. Moreover, he also remembered that Alex was well known in the ZPD for his marksmanship skills. Did he shoot me? he wondered. He realized that accusing a fellow officer of shooting another officer was quite a farfetched accusation, but he had to know. Besides, Nicholas remembered seeing Alex there at the building with him, back on the rooftop when Alex had suddenly appeared to treat his injury. He only could have known I was on the rooftop if he was watching me. Nicholas concluded. Since Alex was before him now, Nicholas decided that it was time to leave the hypothetical realm and see for himself if any of these theories were indicative or not.