𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐀

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱

My mom had left for work a couple days after I had moved back home and ever since then I had been struggling so much more with the break

My mom had left for work a couple days after I had moved back home and ever since then I had been struggling so much more with the break. All I could think about was Ash from the minute I woke up till the minute I finally fell asleep.

Despite him being the only thing on my mind I was still going out of my way to avoid him. I had changed my route home from school just so I didn't have to walk past the store. He had driven past me once as I was going to school but we only exchanged a short glance before he sped off.

The girls had tried to make plans with me multiple times now and each time I had declined until they pretty much forced a 'girls night' on me. I tried to get out of it but they wouldn't take no for an answer so I finally gave in and agreed to host it at mine, at least then I wouldn't be alone in the house for the night.

I made the naive decision to shower just before the girls came over which although sounds like a normal thing, it really wasn't a good idea since the shower was where I always let out all my emotions.

My cheeks were still stained with tears when the girls arrived. I tried to wipe them as best as I could but my bloodshot eyes were a dead giveaway.

"Oh baby no," Maddy cooed as she pulled me into a hug. The other girls joined in on the comforting, all offering sympathetic smiles.

"Sorry guys I lost track of time and got a little carried away in my thoughts again," I muttered.

"No need to apologise Winnie, we're all here for you," Lexi hummed.

"Yea, you let it out honey," Cassie spoke supportingly.

I invited them all into the living room where I had set out a load of snacks and drinks for us to have through the night. I got comfortable on the couch as the girls followed, Rue grabbing a handful of Jolly Ranchers before sitting down.

"I knew I would miss him but I didn't think it would be this bad," I laughed lightly despite the pain I felt.

"If it's any consolation Ash is just as depressed as you. I went to pick up from him earlier and he didn't say a single word, just had this sad ass look on his face like a lost puppy," Rue spoke with brutal honesty as she popped a hard candy in her mouth.

Her words obviously didn't come as a consolation, it only sadden me more to think of him hurting. My thoughts must have been evident on my face since Jules reassuringly rubbed my shoulder and sassed to Rue, "Why would that be consoling?"