☆Twenty-One☆

Serenity outfit ↑

º

I am so excited to go back home. I have been here for what feels like forever and I miss my mom and surprisingly my brother.  Even though my mom visited every week, I miss her bugging me every day and commanding me to do chores.

About two and a half weeks ago Javon, Jayla, and Jaden came to visit. It was nice seeing them again. Just being with them brought a lot of warmth. We took the ferry to see the Statue of Liberty and went out to eat after. The morning before they left we spent some quality time at the pool.

Lucky for me school starts in a week. I can't wait to see the judging faces of the upperclassmen and the pungent smell of teenage boys after gym class. Im contemplating if I should just do homeschooling.

 I grab the last shirt off the closet hanger and put it neatly in the suitcase. I do one last room sweep before grabbing a couple of bills of random value, and leaving them on my bed for housekeeping.

I grab my apartment key before taking the elevator to the apartment complex lobby. When I make it to the front desk I return my key to the nice lady at the desk before walking out the automatic doors with my luggage in hand.

º

º

º

º

Twenty minutes before the plane lands I get a text from my mom saying she is right outside my gate exit. 

I text her back a quick ok before gathering my things. 

"Prepare for landing, please."  I hear the fight attendant say before asking a couple of people to take their seats.

After the plane lands and we are cleared to take off our seatbelts I grab my carry-on bag and exit the plane. While walking off the plane I search for my mom. Finally spotting her I give her a quick wave as I head in her direction. I almost knock her down as I give her a long-awaited hug. 

"Im glad to finally have you back, next time your gig will be somewhere local, I can't stand you not being just a room away," she says holding me tight by the torso and back of my head.

 "Ok let's go get your bags, Bryson is in the car waiting." She says pulling away and wiping away a few tears.

Once I grab my bags we venture to the front of the busy airport.

º

º

 "My car should be over here somewhere...Oh, there it is." She says pushing her key button the honk the horn.

As we approach the car I can see Bryson get out of the car. 

 "Hey Serenity," Bryson says when we make it to the car.

"Hey Bry Bry," I say playfully outstretching my hands.

"Here you go again, Mom I say we just ship her back to New York," he says pointing to me.

"You know you want to," I say lighting up an eyebrow and wiggling my fingers, gesturing for him to hug me.

He finally caves in and slowly accepts the hug. Once we pull away I study his changed figure. 

"Dang who are you and what have you done with my skin-and-bones brother," I say playfully punching his arm.

"Ouch!," he says rubbing the spot where I barely touched him.

"One, I wasn't skin and bones, Two, I've been working out with Javon," he says flexing his muscles.

"Okay, I was going to say you look nice but you just made me vomit in my mouth," I cringe as I lift my hand to my mouth.

"Whatever, you know I look good," he says ruffling my hair. 

"Hey! I worked hard on this bun," I scolded fixing my once slicked back hair. 

"I call shotgun," he ignores as he runs to the passenger side of the car and holds his hand on the door handle.

"Bryson come on, put your sister's bags in the trunk first, we've gotta hurry before Atlanta traffic gets crazy," she scolds my brother. 

"Ha, I wanted to sit in the back anyways, more room," I say sticking my tongue out.

"Stop acting like a two-year-old," Bryson groans as he walks over and puts my bags in the trunk.

I roll my eyes before getting in the car and getting comfortable. I put in my AirPods, and wait until the car starts moving to look out the window as we drive off. 

We did not beat the traffic.