Chapter 29: Friends and News

"Welcome," Izuku greeted with a simple smile, hesitant to show any more excitement while welcoming a new guest at his house. Kirishima barely met his eyes, spending most of his time looking past Izuku at the large house behind him.

"Hey Midoriya," Kirishima responded. "Wow, you got a cool place here. I'm starting to suspect Ida was serious with the house comment yesterday. So, this is where you train?"

"Partially," Izuku said. "Some things have needed more space, but this should do at least for the morning. I hope you've recovered from yesterday."

"Yeah, I'm okay. The biggest problem was convincing my parents."

"I know how that feels," Hitoshi said as he stretched a few meters away, wearing his UA gym uniform already. "At least they know Izuku and Tenya."

"Well, I'm here now," Kirishima said. "Thank you for having me. I know you like to keep this stuff kinda private."

"You should not worry about that," Tenya said from next to Hitoshi. "Izuku might be a bit wary of... trusting people due to some earlier experiences, but having more decent people around is good for him. He has smiled a lot more since Hitoshi came along."

"Don't underplay yourself," Hitoshi commented.

"Guys, can we get started?" Izuku side-tracked them.

"Why?" Hitoshi asked. "Are you in a hurry to try out your new unbreakable punching bag?"

"Oh, you got one too," Kirishima said. "What model do you use? I haven't managed to find one that doesn't break."

"He's talking about you," Izuku said.

"Oh, well... just be careful. I... don't want to break anyone else's hand."

"I appreciate the concern," Izuku said, "but don't even think of going easy on our training."

"Translation, he wants more of a challenge than we can give," Hitoshi added. He wasn't exactly wrong, even Tenya with his size and speed couldn't push him like he was used to with the Nomus, except in long distance dashes when there was plenty of space.

Izuku wasn't going to say that to their faces though.

"Well, I'd love to see what you got," Kirishima said with a wide smile. "I haven't really had good training partners except for some private lessons and training with Mina more recently."

"Maybe you should just stop talking and see who wins"

"I'm up for it," Kirishima said. "Just don't cut off my limbs."

"Hey," Izuku said and smirked, "Toshi and Tenya still have all of theirs."

"Izuku is joking already?" Hitoshi said. "Kirishima is doing better than I thought."

"Hitoshi," Tenya said, sounding disappointed, but the hand he rubbed his forehead with only partially hid his smile.

Izuku moved to an open area of grass. Kirishima followed and they faced each other. Tenya and Hitoshi got up to watch from the side. Izuku glanced at them without turning his head from Kirishima.

"Don't even think about using him as an excuse to take it easy."

Hitoshi let out an exaggerated sigh and they moved to the other side of the yard to spar.

"Ready?" Izuku asked Kirishima.

"Yes," the redhead responded with a smile and hardened his body. He had barely blinked when Izuku was already on him with a punch straight to the face.

Pain radiated from Izuku's hand as his entire arm shook from and felt a little numb from the impact. There might have been some fractures considering the pain and how it went away. Izuku had gotten really good at recognizing broken bones based on the pain. He hopped back to avoid a counterattack, but none came. Kirishima just tilted his head without any sign of even the slightest pain, looking at Izuku with concern in his eyes.