Chapter 22: Battle Training Part 2

Izuku's ears were still ringing as his vision started returning, though it didn't do him much good with the decimated corridor filled with dust impeding his sight. He coughed, missing the built-in gas mask of his black costume.

"DEKU!" Bakugo screamed, still raging. He emerged from the dust, his skin reddened and wounds from shrapnel all over it. His arm in particular, the one with the gauntlet he had fired from, was hanging limp and visibly busted. Half of it was purple like one giant bruise. Bakugo had never been injured by his quirk like that.

Of course, it wasn't his quirk anymore.

And despite all that he started shakily raising his other arm to point its gauntlet at Izuku at point-blank range, too deranged to realize that using it would kill them both, as far as he knew at least. There was a quick swish as Izuku's Dragon Blade ignited and in a single swing cut off the gauntlet's handle Bakugo used to set off the explosion. Izuku followed with a punch to the face, and second and third. After the fourth one Bakugo wasn't trying to straighten himself back up as fast and blood was dipping down his chin. Izuku pushed him against the partially collapsed wall, one arm against his chest, the other holding a bright blue Dragon Blade in front of Bakugo's face where he could easily deliver a fatal blow. He spoke very slowly.

"You lost. Stop before you kill someone."

"Never!" Bakugo shouted spitting blood on Izuku's face. "If you think I would surrender to a villain like you, you're insane. I will beat you and the others will see things like I do soon enough. I will destroy you. You will be done for and the same goes for the idiots that take your side, especially the motorhead and your brainwashing villain fr..."

Bakugo fell quiet as Izuku swung his blade closer to him. The Dragon Blade shined even brighter than before and Izuku was holding it close enough to Bakugo's neck to make his skin blister. Izuku himself leaned in close enough that the heat was uncomfortable on his own neck. His voice when he spoke on the other hand was the coldest and most threatening it had ever been.

"If you have a problem with me, you can come fight me. I even welcome it. I am no longer the weak kid you could push around," Izuku fell quiet for several seconds, "but if you as much as pick a hair from one of those two's heads I will kill you with your own quirk and I will do it slowly till even your mother can't recognize what is left of you."

His father would have been so proud. Throughout the whole thing Izuku didn't break eye contact or even blink. He gave no reason to even imagine him being anything but 100% serious with his threat. Seeing genuine fear in Bakugo's eyes was truly satisfying.

"I AM HERE!" All Might shouted from down the corridor. Izuku's blade flashed just a little hotter, making Bakugo jolt, before Izuku extinguished it and grabbed Bakugo's tank top. He threw his former nightmare to the ground like a bag of trash.

"Young Bakugo, don't...!" All Might started saying when he arrived and stopped to look at the boy laying in a heap on the floor, then at Izuku standing over him. His costume was half torn or blown away with what was left of the upper half hanging by a narrow strip of fabric from one shoulder. His body was covered in scratches, bruises and burns he wasn't allowing the regeneration quirk to heal. As satisfying as it would have been to stand over defeated Bakugo completely unharmed, he didn't want them knowing about that quirk.

He thought he saw a hint of fear in the so-called hero's eyes.

"He attacked me after I had already captured him," Izuku said, trying to not show his feelings to the large man, "and tried to kill me."

"HE STOLE MY QUIRK!" Bakugo screamed, struggling to get up.

"Midoriya," All Might started and paused, "used his quirk legitimately to win a training battle. You used your quirk... at least indirectly, after you had already lost and in a way that could have killed him..."