Chapter 16: Fate

Atsumu
°
°

After university I decided to look into a few teams that were doing trials for new players.

One that immediately caught my eye was MSBY.

I'd heard from Kageyama that after high school, their tangerine right link, Hinata Shoyo, had gone to play for them along with Bokuto Koutarou, the captain of Fukurodani in my second year.

They were both extremely good players, plus I found some comfort in the fact that I knew them from back in high school.

I felt like if I already had some people that I knew in the team, I'd be more confident.

Osamu was with me all the way.

He'd left hockey behind and opened up an onigiri restaurant, but he encouraged me to join the team.

So I applied and went for trials.

The coach said that he'd get back to me within the week, and two days later I got an email saying that I was chosen to play in the team.

I was excited.

The first thing I did was tell Kageyama and Oikawa.

They were so happy for me.

Kageyama had gone to play for the Schweiden Adlers while Oikawa played for Argentina.

We still kept in touch, though.

Kageyama said that he'd tell Hinata to make me feel welcomed.

I doubt he'd need any encouragement to do that though, that tangerine is hella energetic and overly friendly.

It was only January but I'd be going to training already since MSBY was an outdoor and indoor team.

Training started in a week's time for me.

°
°
Sakusa
°
°

"Alright everyone! We're getting a new player next week, so make sure to welcome him," our captain, Meian, announced to the team.

"A new player??" Hinata asked, way too excited for my liking.

"Ohh!!!! Is he good??" The second loud-mouth, Bokuto asked.

"Yep! Very good, probably better then some of you," Meian replied with a grin.

"Jeez... He's probably some arrogant asshole," I commented.

"Eh??? Omi-san don't say that!!" Hinata shouted.

"For the last time, don't fucking call me that!" I snapped.

That name brought back too many memories.

Memories of someone who I'll probably never see again.

Even after two years, I still can't forget him.

It hurts.

We grew apart.

It was neither of our faults though...