Chapter 8: New Year

Atsumu
°
°

I was so excited.

We were a week away from end of term and then I'd be done with this school for life.

I'd been doing extra training everyday, I couldn't wait to try out for the first team at my new school.

But now, standing in front of the new school, I couldn't be more nervous.

Akagi was with me at least.

I stared up at the building that loomed before us, casting a shadow onto the dorm building behind it.

Luckily, Akagi and I are sharing a dorm, so that's something I'm happy about.

We moved into our dorms yesterday, I didn't even bother saying goodbye to the team.

Not even my brother.

Eh... Mom will tell him.

I felt kind of bad but, they would probably be relieved anyways...

I looked over at Akagi, he gave me an encouraging smile and gestured towards the entrance.

I took a deep breath and stepped towards the large doors of the school.

Akagi followed behind me as we entered the building.

°
°
Sakusa
°
°

I was sitting in homeroom with Komori as the teacher announced the morning notices.

Motoya and I were basically falling asleep until the teacher said something that caught my attention.

"...And I am happy to announce that we have two new students joining us this year!"

The class looked so bored that I nearly started laughing.

"Please make them feel welcome," the teacher continued, ignoring the low levels of enthusiasm, "You can come in now, boys."

My eyes widened as I watched one of the new kids walk into the classroom.

"Please introduce yourself," the teacher asked as she gestured towards the classroom.

The boy stepped forward.

"Hi everyone! My name's Akagi Michinari, I just transferred here from Inarizaki High, and I play hockey!"

I looked over at Motoya and he had the same shocked expression that I assumed was on my face.

The second boy then walked into the classroom.

I froze as those very familiar honey-brown eyes made eye-contact with me.

"Hello... My name is Miya Atsumu... I also transferred here from Inarizaki, and I also play hockey..."

The teacher smiled, "Thank you, boys, you may go sit there," she said as she pointed towards the empty seats in front Motoya and I.

The whole class stared at them as they walked past.

I could tell why.

Atsumu and Akagi were both extremely attractive.

I already thought Atsumu was hot last year, but now...