Chapter 4: First Day

Sakusa
°
°

It was a relatively small tournament, to be honest.

There were only eight competitors, including ourselves.

The line-ups were:

Karasuno against Aoba Joshai.

Nekoma against Fukurodani.

Shiratorizawa against us.

And lastly, Inarizaki against Date Tech.

I was looking forward to playing against Ushijima.

Being left handed gave him an advantage when it came to his control over his hockey stick.

Our match was third of the day with the only match after ours being the Inarizaki vs Date Tech match.

The first match of the tournament was the Karasuno vs Aoba Joshai match.

Both teams were really strong.

Karasuno's center striker and right link made an amazing duo.

The center striker's passes were freakishly accurate and his flicks were amazing, and the short right link was insanely fast, and his reflexes were off the chain.

He had powerful shots that made it past Aoba Joshai's goalie easily, his hits were so fast that if you blinked you'd miss it.

How anyone was supposed to react to that, I have no idea.

On the other hand, Aoba Joshai's center striker had really accurate shots as well, though not quite as accurate as Karasuno's. His flicks were also insane and perfectly aimed.

Their right wing was really good too, powerful shots that Karasuno's goalie just managed to save.

Karasuno's goalie was amazing, his reflexes were quick and he was really good at predicting the flight path of the ball.

He dived to save one ball, I heard him scream something like, "Rolling Thunder!" As he cleared it.

Karasuno's defense was strong, with their three backs and the other two links focusing on that, and their right and left wings worked perfectly together, they scored many goals.

In the end, Karasuno won with a score of three to one.

The game after that was the Nekoma vs Fukurodani game.

The game was really close, but unfortunately, Nekoma's defense and goalkeeper was too good for Fukurodani's powerhouse of a right wing that had amazingly powerful and accurate shots on goal.

Nekoma won the match by one goal, the final score was four to three.

Then it was our match against Shiratorizawa.

They were a tough team, though their presses could use some work.

Ushijima was a powerful player but he ran out of stamina really quickly.

In the end, we won with a score of three to two.

I'd scored all three goals, a hat-trick.

After we'd showered and cleaned up, Motoya and I went down to the astro to watch the Inarizaki vs Date Tech game.

It was an intense match.

Date Tech focused on extreme defense, so I could tell that Atsumu and his team was struggling to score goals.

Luckily, Akagi and the back-line defense were doing wonders in keeping the Date Tech strikers from scoring anything.

I could tell that Atsumu was getting frustrated.