Chapter 12: We Meet Again

Sakusa
°
°

It's been a month since we trialed for first team.

Atsumu obviously made it, and so did Motoya, Akagi and I.

Motoya was made captain, and we were really happy about that.

Atsumu really thought those guys could beat him.

That doesn't matter anymore, though...

What matters now is the fact that we're going up against Inarizaki.

I could tell that Atsumu was nervous but he constantly had a determined expression on his face.

He had been preparing himself mentally to face off against his past teammates.

He's gotten a lot better when it comes to not second-guessing himself and his skills.

We were busy doing warm-ups on the other side of the astro while Inarizaki was by the dugout, they hadn't seen Atsumu yet.

I honestly couldn't wait to see the looks on their faces when they see him.

After all, he was no longer the same shy person that he was last year.

Now, he radiates confidence while he makes jokes and teases our teammates.

It's really attractive if I'm being honest...

Not to mention that Itachiyama's first team kit, with the name 'Miya' written in bold black letters on the back, made him look really hot, even if it did clash with his hair.

We did our war-cry before going into our positions.

We were playing a home match, so Atsumu passed the ball to Inarizaki's center striker so that they could start with the ball.

The same center striker that was Atsumu's twin, Osamu.

He must have taken over his brother's position after Atsumu left.

Osamu froze as he looked up at his brother.

Atsumu grinned as he got into a set position.

The whistle blew and Osamu passed the ball to their left link.

I smirked as I went in for a tackle and quickly stole the ball from the link.

Who passes the ball to their weak side?

Osamu apparently.

I ran down the line with the ball, quickly outpacing the left link.

Their left back ran towards me for a tackle but I beat him with a fake-out and then a pull to the right and around him.

I grinned as their keeper ran out of the posts towards me.

I crossed it to Atsumu who was on the left side of the D.

With barely any effort at all, Atsumu gained control of the ball and flicked it into the top right corner of the goals.

The whistle blew as the ref confirmed the goal.

We celebrated as we ran back to our positions.

The game was pretty tough from then onwards.

It was nearing the end of the match and we had just scored our second goal.

The score was now two to zero as we ran back to our positions.

Osamu took the ball and passed it to their right back.