Chapter 11

"What do you mean he's not here?" April asked

"He hasn't gotten here yet" Alex explained

"Well, where is he?"

"I, I don't know" Alex shrugged

"What do you mean you don't know?" she asked voice now raised

"Alex you're the best man, you're supposed to make sure that the groom gets here" Jo added

"I know"

"When did you last see him?" Catherine asked

"At the house"

"You left him at the house? Alex you're his ride" Jo said, thinking that her husband may have forgotten the future husband at their house

"Look, we were about to leave, but he said he had some errand to run before he came here. I was gonna go with him but he wanted to go alone. He said it wouldn't take long, got in his car and left" Alex explained

"What kind of errand did he have to run?" Catherine asked

"I don't know, he didn't say" Alex answered "And before you ask, yes, I tried calling him, he isn't picking up"

The room grew quiet and all eyes slowly fell on April, awaiting her reaction. She felt the eyes on her, but opted to avoid them, and instead looked at her daughter's confused face, which she believed looked exactly like hers. Along with April's confusion was fear. The first fear was more of a worry. What if he was hurt somewhere? The second was the fear of him leaving her, ditching her, deciding that he no longer wanted to marry her.

The more she thought about it, the more the latter was the prominent one. What if he really didn't want to marry her? What if he just didn't love her anymore? He seemed to love her the day before. And how she supposed to explain it to people? And their daughter, how would she handle it? Lydia seemed more into the wedding than she was sometimes.

She was brought of her thoughts by a ringing cellphone. For that moment the eyes where off her and on Cristina, who quickly ran to her phone and answered it.

"Hello" she answered it, looking at the hopeful eyes on her

There was a series of "mhm"s and "O.k"s accompanied by nods. Once saying goodbye she turned to April.

"We need to get to the hospital, Jackson's in the E.R"

__________

Jackson's eyes slowly opened. He tried to make sense of the blurry figures in front of him.

Where am I?

He was moving, that much he could tell. Was he still in his car? That's the last thing he could remember.

He began to hear voices, very hurried loud voices. He knew that sound anywhere. He was in an ER.

"Jackson can you hear me?"

Hunt! He immediately thought. He wasn't just in some ER, he was in her ER.

"Avery can you hear me? It's Hunt!"

He let out a groan. He wasn't answering, he just started to notice the pain his body was experiencing.

Why am I in pain?

"You were in an accident Avery" Hunt said, as if reading his mind "We're taking you to the O.R, you're gonna fine"

How did I get in an accident?

This time, his memory provided the answer.

FLASHBACK