Drivers license-15

~zigzag pov~
TW: throw up! If you get triggered by mention of throw up please be free to skip this one🤍

Today was the day. I was sweating terribly. Today was the day I'd get my license. At least I hope. I got ready quickly. My dad is going to get me out of school early so I can go do my drivers test. I'm freaking out. I dressed in slim legged acid washed jeans and a black t shirt. I wore my blue air Jordan's and put some gold chains on. I put on my black beaded bracelet that knuckles got for me. It had half a heart on it. She had the other half of the heart on her bracelet. Ours were exactly the same except hers was white. She got it for me for a late birthday present.
(Ok y'all fun fact! In the book, zigzags birthday is July 8th, and that's mine too! Zig and I are birthday buddies🤠 ok ok, keep reading)
I always had that bracelet on. No matter what. I always missed her when I wasn't with her. I checked the time and ran over to knuckle's house. I knocked on the door, and grey answered. Grey and I were pretty close. He was like a little brother to me.
"Hey dude! What's good?" He greeted me, and we did a little hand shake.
"Nothin much man, your sister around? I'm walking her to school." I told him. He laughed. He thinks it's a funny thing that we were dating. I'm not sure why.
"Yeah, I ca-" he was cut off by his mom coming in.
"Grey!!! What did I tell you about openi- oh hello Ricky!! It's so nice to see you here!" She said as if nothing happened.
"Hello, Mrs Towner."
"Oh please, call me emi-" she was then cut off by knuckles.
"Mom why- ziggy? Mom what the heck?! You're scaring him! Get outta the doorway!" She yelled.
I loved when she yelled. I found it comforting. I'm not sure why. Mrs Towner and grey moved out of the doorway.
"Hey! I'm so sorry about them." She apologized as she quickly kissed my lips. Grey was around, that's why it wasn't longer.
"Bye ma!!" She waved, and then she grabbed her black backpack, slung it over one shoulder, and closed the door. She then kissed me again, but this time longer. No one was watching this time.
"Shall we?" I asked, as I held out my arm.
"We shall." She smiled, and looped her arm through mine. We talked the whole way to school. It was cute, she had to look up to talk to me. When we got to school, we met up with d-tent and went to class.
(So when the boys are all together, imma call em d-tent. But when it's knuckles pov imma just call em my boys. Hope it's not confuzzling!)
I checked out in 6th period, I was literally shaking. Knuckles grabbed my hand and gave it a small squeeze before I left. She knew that always made me feel better. That's why I loved her. She knew me inside and out. I went to my dads car and got in the front seat. He told me some tips and tricks before we got there. We got there surprisingly quickly. I filled out some paper work, and got in a car with a woman.
She was was quite stubby, and she was kind of short.
She had short red hair, and she smelled like pork.
She wrote down some stuff, like my name and my age, and then we were off. I started the car, and started to drive. I can say myself, I'm proud. I made all the right turns and stopped when I needed too. I parallel parked almost perfectly. I better have passed. We got out of the car and I went inside the doors. I waited in the waiting room for what felt like hours, and they finally she came back out.
"Congratulations you passed. Come get your picture taken here." She said with no enthusiasm what so ever. I got up and walked over to the booth.
"Smile." The guy running the booth demanded. These people were not happy. To be honest neither would I if I worked here. I smiled, but not to big, at the camera. When I saw my picture, I was quite impressed with the quality. I didn't look half bad. I took my license and walked out the doors with my dad. I drove us back home. By now, school was already over. When we got home, I set my stuff down and changed. I swapped clothes and changed into gray sweatpants and a white sweatshirt with graffiti on it. I made sure to call knuckles and tell her I had good news. She hung up as quick as a leopard and about 2 minutes later she was at my door, ringing the doorbell. I opened it and I didn't see anything. Until I realized I had to look down to see her. I forget okay?! looked down and there she was, laughing at my blunder.
"I forget you're short sometimes alright?" I
Chuckled. She did a fake hurt face and laughed it off. She quickly grabbed the strings of my hoodie and pulled me down to her eye level. She looked in my eyes for a second before smashing her lips into mine. It was definitely one of the longest kisses I'd ever had. I slipped my tongue in her mouth as she did the same thing to me. Our make-out session was interrupted by my Shih Tzu,Sadie, barking.
"Dang it Sadie." I mumbled as I grabbed knuckle's hand and pulled her inside.
"So?! Did ya get your driver's license?" She asked eagerly. I pulled my license out of my pocket and showed her. She looked at it and smirked.
"What now?" I asked
"You look fricken hot in that." She said as she looked up at me. I rolled my eyes playfully as I set my license down on my night stand and led knuckles into the kitchen. She sat on the counter as I looked around for the Frosted Flakes. My dad came in a couple minutes later.
"Hey son. Hello Teagan." He said with a smile.
"Hey Mr Jack." Knuckles greeted politely. Dad then walked into the living room and turned on an episode of Doogie Howser M.D. I found the Frosted Flakes and poured me a bowl. I offered some to knuckles but she declined the offer politely. We sat in the kitchen and talked for a while. Later, knuckles got a snack of crackers and peanut butter. Since it was a Friday, I asked knuckles if she wanted to stay over tonight. Her mom said yes so she just slept in my hoodie and her shorts, leaving me shirtless and in sweatpants. I wrapped my arms around her and she cuddled into my side. I stroked her hair until she fell asleep. A couple hours later I woke up to the sound of throwing up in the bathroom. I then realized knuckles wasn't beside me. I jumped up and sprinted to the bathroom. She was on the floor next to the toilet, hopelessly throwing up. I bent down beside her and held her hair back. I then rubbed her back and told her it was going to be okay. I waited until she was done until I asked her what was wrong.
"I guess it was the crackers or something. I just don't feel good that's all. Mayb-"
"No. You're not going home this early in the morning. I'll risk getting sick. It's gonna be ok." I told her as I picked her up bridal style and carried her back to bed. I tucked her in and kissed her forehead to check her temperature. There wasn't a temperature, so I knew it wasn't a virus. I guess it was something she ate. I crawled in bed beside her and wrapped my arms around her waist. We were spooning until she turned to face me. She looked up at me and smiled a grateful smile. She nuzzled her head in the crook of my neck.
"I love you Teags." I whispered.
"I love you Rick." She replied in a tired mumble.
I hummed her to sleep this time. She liked it when I did that. I hope she'd feel better tomorrow.

So whatcha think? I definitely think they all grew up to fast 🥲 lemme know what you think!
Stay salty
Stay happy
Dig holes<33