Hospitalized-17

~knuckles pov~
•2 weeks later from last chapter 🥰•
I woke up in the middle of the night to a thud. It came from Greys room. I shook it off until I heard his little scream. Not a happy scream, but an "I need you somebody come help me" kind of scream. I shot up and ran to his room. I knocked on the door.
"Grey? You okay in there? Grey I need you to answer me." I told him. I heard another bang. I unlocked the door with my nail. I swung it open, and there he lay. He was shaking like crazy. Seizures. My dad used to have seizures. Not a lot, but sometimes PTSD would get to him. I stayed calm, picked him up and started the car. I got my own car, and I got my license last week. I set him in the back and drove as fast as I could to the E.R. I rushed him in, he lay in my arms passed out.
"I need help. Somebody help!!!" I freaked.
"What's his name?" A nurse asked
"Uhm, Grey Towner." I replied
"What happened?" She asked as I set him on a wheeled stretcher.
"He woke up in the middle of the night, having a seizure." I told her. I tried to stay calm
"How are you related?"
"I'm his sister."
"I need parent signature."
"Ma'am, she's asleep I can call her." I suggested
"How old are you?"
"17 ma'am." I told her
"You have to be eight-" I cut her off
"I do NOT have time for this!!! He's DYING! AND ALL YOU CAN THINK ABOUT IS A PARENT SIGNATURE?! DO SOMETHING!!" I screamed at the woman. I did not have time for this. He's my little brother. I couldn't lose him.
"I- ok." She said as she sighed and wheeled him to a room. I followed her.
"I'm going to go get some I.V supplies. If he wakes up, press this blue button."she instructed
"Ok." I said, looking at the blue button she pointed to. She left the room and I decided to call my mom.
ON THE PHONE
|mom, Grey was having a
Seizure so I took him to
The E.R. Stay calm he's ok.
|honey I'm so sorry! I must
Have fallen Asleep, what are
They going to do?
|I don't know, they're
Going to get an I.V in him
And we'll see how it goes.
|okay, I'll be there At about
12:00 okay? I'm going to pack
Some stuff for him.
And with that, we said I love you and hung up.
I began to cry as I watched Grey. I don't know what happened, or how. I didn't know what to do. I was nothing without Grey. I sat there for a minute to regroup. Teagan doesn't cry. The nurse walked in with a couple of samples and needles.
"I'm going to test him for a couple of disorders. You're free to stay in here. I know how bad it is, but you can't go into the testing rooms with him." She apologized
"That's okay. I need to call people anyways. I'll stay here." I said with a small smile. Not a real smile.
She smiled back reassuringly as she rolled him into another room. I put my head in my hands and tried to think it was a dream. I was starting to overthink, and I started to feel like everything was caving in. A new nurse walked in.
"Uhm. A couple of people are here for Grey. Is that okay? Do you need some alone time?" She asked
"No no that's fine. I'm okay." I said to her. She sent them in and first came zigzag.
"Hey Teagan." He said, almost relieved.
"Ricky-" I sobbed as I ran up to him and pulled him into a hug. I didn't say anything. I just cried into his shoulder. He sat on the edge of a chair and pulled me into his lap. I wrapped my legs around his waist and rested my head on his shoulder.
"I want him back." I whispered
"It's okay love. He's a strong boy, he'll be ok." He assured me
He rubbed my back and stroked my hair as I cried. Hot tears ran down my face. It had been a while since I'd cried. It felt weird. I started to cheer up a bit, because zig was telling me dad jokes. I'd stopped crying and I was now sitting on a chair next to zigzag. It was about 9:00 am when my mom came in. She asked how Grey was and how long it was going to be. We all stayed in the room and talked until they rolled Grey back into the room.
"We have no idea what might have caused the seizure. We've run tests on Epilepsy, brain tumors, everything we can. He has none of those. Maybe stress caused it. But nothings wrong. We're going to put him on some medications tonight and keep him here. Hopefully this will work. If it does, you can go home tomorrow." The nurse informed with a smile.
We were all very relieved that it wasn't anything serious. The nurse left and my mom went to get Grey some food. Me and zig sat on each side of Grey's bed as I read him the first book of Harry Potter. I was on chapter 5 when mom came back in.
"Sorry, I got caught up in the lunch line." She said
"It's alright. Look Grey, she got your favorite!" Zig said as he pointed to the tray of food. Grey sat up excitedly as I chuckled at zigzag.
"What?" Zig asked
"It's unbelievable how you know his favorite food. How much you wanna bet you don't know mine!" I fake pouted. He laughed and rested his hand on mine.
"Mac n cheese. It's obvious." He informed.
"You're good." I said as I laughed.
I told Grey some stories from camp as he ate. I told him about the time we stole sunflower seeds, and about the time zero hit pandenski in the head with a shovel. Grey loved to hear stories about camp. Now I look back, and I see all of the great memories I made with those guys. Even if it was like Hell, those guys made me feel safe. We had so many good and bad memories there. I can't wait till I have my own family and I get to tell them about all my memories there. Grey fell asleep, listening to the story about the yellow spotted lizard that I fed. Me and zig both fell asleep on the bed with Grey. My mom fell asleep on the couch beside us. That night went very smooth, and the whole day he went seizure free. We went home at about 6:00pm and we went to Sammy's for dinner. Grey told us about how nice the doctors were, and how he got a teen doctor to do the tests on him. The doctors were very thoughtful to Grey. They gave him a Spider-Man backpack with his name sewed into the front in black letters.
Grey was now in second grade, but he still loved super hero's. Once we got home, my mom invited zig to stay over and spend some time with us, since his dad was at work. Zig was basically part of the family now, my mom loved him like a son, Grey loved him like a brother, and I loved him as- well, a lover. It was December now, so we watched some Christmas movies together. Today was Sunday, so I'd have to go back to school tomorrow. School wasn't something I dreaded. I just missed my family. We were all cuddled up on the couch, and I was in between zig and Grey. Zigzags arm was wrapped around my shoulder, and my hand was laying on his chest. Grey held his hot chocolate with both hands, and so did mom. We all enjoyed the time we spent together that day. If only my dad was here. We stayed up until about 12:00 watching movies. That night, Grey slept with mom, and zig spent the night here. I had one week left of school until Christmas break. That morning I woke up to all of d-tent at my foot step singing "Christmas carols". What a surprise. I heard a bang on my door and opened it groggily.
"We wish you a merry Christm-" they started. They stopped singing when they saw my expression.
"Why."
"We thought this would be a good way to wake you up." Caveman insisted.
"Well it's not." Zigzag said, laughing from behind me. He walked up to us and out a hand on my head.
"You guys want breakfast?" I asked.
"I thought you'd never ask!" Magnet said as they all piled into my kitchen.
"Ok, we've got an hour before school starts. I need to get ready. I'm gonna leave you boys in charge. Use anything, just clean up after yourselves. And zero, please don't let them burn my kitchen down." I pointed to all of them as I spoke. Zero laughed and saluted as I walked to my room. I wore an oversized white cardigan with a black tank top and some black leggings. I wore my blue Jordan's and curled my hair. I left it down today. I put in some gold earrings and I put on my bracelet that matched zigzags. It was snowing today, so I put on a black Carhart beanie to go over my curled hair. I put on my favorite strawberry perfume and some lip gloss on. Today was a pretty good day.

Ik this chapter is long, but I wanted to include the seizure part for my bestie! Her mom has epilepsy and she struggles pretty bad with it. She's been put on some medicine for it that helps a lot! I wanted to put this chapter in for her. She's like a second mother to me and I couldn't bare to lose her🤍 spread awareness:)) WOMENS HISTORY MONTH✊✊✊
Stay salty
Stay happy
Dig holes<33