The fight-10

~knuckles pov~
It had been pretty normal at camp. Nothing out of the ordinary, until today. I guess caveman and zero made some type of agreement, where they would both dig half a hole and caveman would teach him how to read. It didn't effect me, so I kept my nose out of it. The other guys were mad about it though. We were all digging our holes when lunch rolled around. I got an apple and a graham cracker today. The other boys were picking on caveman and zero. "Leave it." I said. They didn't hear me, and armpit and X-ray kept making snide comments. I bent down and smacked them both upside the head. "I said leave it." I said sternly. They looked at me, and I gave them the look. They both shot up and kept eating their lunch. "Hey knuckles I can trust you right?" Mom asked. "Nope." I said popping the "p". "Great. Can you run to my cabin and grab my duct tape? This table is broken." He replied. I sighed as I got up and walked back to camp. I jogged up to his cabin and looked for the duct tape. I spotted it, along with some scissors. He could use these. I grabbed both of them and jogged back to our spot. It was about a five minute jog there, and a five minute jog back. Including the time I spent looking for the duct tape, i was gone for about 13 ish minutes. When I got back, me heart sunk. Both mr sir and the warden were there. All the boys were in a semi circle. Caveman was all bloodied and bruised, and zigzag had a hand on his rib. Crap. I ran over and handed the stuff to mom. "Did you know about this knuckles?" The warden asked me. I didn't know what they were talking about. "About what?" I asked. "Zero digging caveman's holes." She said dryly. "Yeah, but it didn't effect me so I didn't worry about it. I didn't think it was bad enough to fight over it." I said as I stared at zigzag. He looked at me and scoffed. Who the heck does he think he is?! They explained a bit more about the fight, when mom started trashing zero. Just about how he was stupid, and all he'd ever be good for was digging. He handed him a shovel. "What does d-I-g spell? Huh? See? He's so dumb, he don't even know he's dumb!" That's when zero snapped. Zero hit him in the head with a shovel and mom passed out. "Dig." Zero said, and he turned and ran. A little bit later, after everyone settled down, the warden and mr sir went back to the camp and deleted all evidence of hector zeroni. I missed the kid. He was like a brother to me. I was kinda mad at zigzag. He didn't really have a reason to start a fight with caveman. I was still steamed, so when I finished my hole I went ahead and got in the shower. I sat in my bunk reading a book when X-ray came in. "Sup." He said. I looked up from my book. "Heya." I said and nodded at him. "Yknow zigs kinda mad at ya." X-ray said, not trying to get nosy. "Why? Why does he get to be mad?" I asked. He shrugged. "You kinda went off on him after he fought caveman. But I'm with you. He didn't really have a reason to fight." X-ray reassured me. "Thanks." I mumbled. I sat in my bed, wearing my relaxation jumpsuit, tied around my waist. I had a loose white t-shirt on, and my hair was in a messy bun. I wore white socks on my feet. Just then zigzag walked in. He looked at me, and then proceeded to set his stuff down. I kept reading my book. I was in deep into my book when I heard footsteps coming up my ladder. It was zig. Finally, he'd come to his senses. "Wanna tell me why you ain't talkin no more?" He asked. I take that back. He hadn't come to his senses. "I'm not ignoring you." I said honestly. I looked up from my book. He was playing with his fingernails. "You didn't check on me." He mumbled. I kind of felt bad. No. I had to stay strong. "I'm sorry. I should have. But I am kind of upset. Not mad, but why did you fight caveman?" I asked him. I was being honest. "Be-...because...well. I don't know. I guess I was just mad at him for doing what he did. I shouldn't have fought him. I'm sorry too." He apologized. How he'd come to his senses. "Apology accepted." I said with a closed smile. "Yours is too." He held out his pinkie. I linked mine with his. We both kissed our thumbs and connected them. Then he tackled me into a hug, and showered me with kisses. "I'm tired of being mad at you." He said as he hugged me tight. "Same." I laughed. "Are you ok though? Where did he hit you?" I asked. I knew I should've checked on him. "Well, he did hit my rib, and then I fell on my back." He said, with pouting eyes. "Cmere." I said, giving in. He snuggled into my side and I rubbed his back and played with his hair. It was good to have my boy back. "What do you thinks gonna happen to zero?" I asked zig. I was genuinely worried. "I don't know, he'll be fine." Zigzag mumbled into my side. "Don't worry." He said reassuringly. That's what I loved about zigzag. He always made me feel like it was going to be ok. Just then the dinner bell rang. I jumped outta my bed without using the ladder, zigzag following after. The other boys were taking showers and stuff. We were all eating dinner, when squid spoke up. "What do you thinks gonna happen to zero?" He asked. I wished he wouldn't have said anything. "He's dead for sure." X-ray said. "Hey, drop it." I said sternly. I noticed caveman was slightly uncomfortable with the topic. We started talking about baseball and sports and all. It turned out magnet was really into basketball. And armpit played football for his middle school team. He played quarterback. The night ended with everyone content about today. Well, the end of today. It was kind of crazy this morning, but at least I got my boys back.

I was planning on making the fight between zig and knuckles bigger, but I played it safe 🤠 no time skips in this one tho!! Im loving this book so far! Im thinking about adding my own characters but idk. I hope you guys liked it!!!
Stay salty
Stay happy
Dig holes<33