Camp Green Lake-2

~Third person~
Teagan, her mother, and grey sat in court,waiting for the judge to begin.
"Ms. Teagan Towner, please rise." The judge stated dryly.
Teagan stood up slowly, almost wanting to annoy the judge.
"I oughta send you to jail for what you did, and I wouldn't mind one bit." The judge said, thinking it Would have an impact on Teagan. Well it didn't.
"Ok- and?" Teagan asked, impatience taking over the tone of her words.
Her mom smacked her arm lightly, but with meaning.
"There is another option. Since the correction facility for young women is full, there is a second choice, Camp Green Lake."
"Well, is Camp Green Lake better than jail?" Asked Teagan, hoping for an honest response
"Listen kid, do you want to go or not? Just pick one for crying out loud!" The judge cried miserably
"Ok ok! Jeez man, uhm, I mean Camp Green Lake has to be better than jail. So, Camp Green Lake I guess." Teagan told the judge.
"Settled, 2 years at Camp Green Lake. Pack you're clothes and be outside you're door waiting for the bus by 2:00. Understood?"
"Yes maam- woops. I mean sir." Teagan spat At the judge in annoyance
The last thing Teagan wanted was to be separated from her family. She definitely wasn't looking forward to this whole Camp thing, but it had to be better than the military. She always told herself that. It reminded her to stay grateful if what she has.
Soon enough, 2:00 rolled around and Teagan was outside her house, waiting for the bus.
"Remember to brush you're teeth, don't get in any fights, keep to yourself, and if anyone tries pulling anything, you do what you do best. Fight"
"Yes yes I know mom."
"Ok here's the bus. Oh my gosh it's the bus. I won't see you for 2 years!!" Teagans mother cried
"I'll be fine mama! Don't worry!"
"I love you Teags. Do not forget that!! Goodbye Teagan" her mother choked out, trying, but failing, to hold her tears in
"Bye mama. I love you. And I'll miss you too Grey." Teagan kissed both of their cheeks
Grey was only in first grade, so he didn't really understand what was going on. But what he did know was that he wasn't going to see his big sister for a very long time. At this point, Teagan was on the bus, and was already on the way to camp green lake. She wore a loose fitting plain white t-shirt, and her favorite pair of Nike black leggings. Her hair was in a high messy bun, and she had on her favorite pair of white converse. At this point, her converse were almost a cream color, dirt rubbed on the sides, the logo was almost faded, and inside her left shoe was her and her dads favorite Bible verse. She wore no jewelry, except for a black digital watch that she wore on her left hand. Teagan was one of the people who had to know the time, or she became very unorganized. And of course, her knuckles were wrapped in white medical tape, even though a little bit of blood had soaked through.
The ride there was never ending. It was an 8 hour drive from Teagan's house to camp green lake. The seat was ripped and worn, there was little A.C, and her hands were cuffed together by handcuffs. She was the only one in the bus, except for the driver, and a police man that sat diagonal from her, holding a gun in his lap.
"That think loaded?" Teagan questioned, nodding towards the gun
"Nope." The police officer stated numbly
"What's you're name then huh?"
"Andrew."
"Hm. My name is Teagan. You got any kids Andrew?"
"One."
"Boy or girl?"
"Girl. Her name is Andrea."
"Aw that's sweet. Andrew and Andrea. How old is she?"
"Thank you. She's 9 today."
"Aw tell her I said happy birthday."
"Will do." The police man chuckled at her statement
"How much longer we got?"
"Uh, we're only 30 minutes away."
"Oh ok."
After the small talk, Teagan fell asleep for the last thirty minutes of the ride. She enjoyed talking to people about their lives, she liked to compare other peoples lives to her own. Soon enough, they'd arrived. It was deserted. No lake, no rain, no nothing.Teagan woke up to her new "friend" Andrew shaking her awake.
"Teagan we're here." The officer said softly
Teagan got up out of her seat and popped her back, knuckled, hips, and neck. Each of the bones cracking with volume. She hopped out of the bus with her police friend and walked into a little office, earning a few stares from a couple of guys. Once they got into the office, Andrew started to uncuff Teagan.
"My name is Mr. Sir. You address me by my name is that clear?" The old guy said
"Yes Mr. sir." Teagan said with an eye roll
Mr.Sir threw two orange jumpsuits, two white t-shirts, and two pairs of white socks at Teagan, which luckily, she caught.
"You're feet are too small for these boots, so you'll just have to dig with those shoes. You get two pairs of clothes, one for work and one for lounge. Every three days you're work clothes get washed and your lounge clothes become your work clothes. Got it?"
"Work? Dig?"Teagan asked wanting to know more
"We dig holes in this camp. You dig one every day. 5 feet wide and 5 feet deep. Your shovel is your measuring stick. I think that's it. Any questions?"
"No Mr. Sir" Teagan said dryly
As she said that, a short man with sunscreen on his nose walked in
"Teagan? Welcome to Camp Green Lake! I'll be your counselor, and you'll be in d-tent. D stands for diligence." The guy said with a toothy smile,leading me outside
"Yeah. Diligence." Teagan mumbled
"Just because you've done some bad things doesn't mean you're a bad person! I respect you Teagan" the man said, he gave a pause, and then continued."my name is Dr. Pandenski, but most campers call me mom."
"K" Teagan said, obviously bored of the conversation
"This is you're tent. Oh, Boys! Come meet the new camper!"
Just then, a couple of guys had walked up to mom, all of them sweaty, tired, and covered with dirt.
"This is Teagan, she'll be in your tent. Teagan, this is Rex, Alan, and Theodore."
"Yo- it's Squid, Armpit, and I'm x-ray." Said a darker boy with big glasses, as he held out his hand to shake
"I'm Teagan" Teagan said, taking his hand shake, but winced when we put his fingers down on her knuckles. X-Ray noticed, and eased off
"What happened to your hands bro?" Squid asked
By this point, mom had left and they were outside on a porch
"Oh I beat up some kids for pickin on my brother" Teagan stated plainly, looking at her knuckles
"Woah" said armpit under his breath
"Ohh you're cool. You'll fit in well. How about knuckles as your nickname?" X-Ray asked
"Fine by me" Teagan said,smiling
The boys led Knuckles inside the tent and all the other boys stopped and looked. Nobody said anything.
"Alright boys, this is knuckles, she's our new camper."
A couple of boys whistled, a couple of them chuckled at the nickname, and some just stared.
"Alright, so this is Magnet,Barfbag,zero, and zigzag."X-Ray pointed to them as he said their names
They all looked like ordinary boys, until one caught her eye. It was Zigzag. He had gorgeous blue eyes that looked deeper than oceans, and blonde hair that was a little messy, but it looked perfect. He was perfect. He was quite tall, but she was ok with that. Teagan had never had a crush on a boy, so she wasn't sure what she Felt for zigzag,but there was something. Zigzag was just as stunned when he saw knuckles. She was absolutely flawless. She had beautiful Carmel hair that was tied up in a bun, and she had the prettiest green eyes that sparkles like stars. He knew he had a crush on her the minute he layed eyes on her. She was perfect.
"So- zigzag will be- zigzag? Hellooo? Earth to zigzag?!" X-Ray waved his hand at zigzags eye level. Zigzag was too caught up in staring at knuckles
"Hey!!" Magnet punched zigzag in the rib and said "bro you're staring!"
"Oh uh- whoops- uhm. Yeah?"
X ray rolled his eyes
"You're gonna be knuckles's guide alright? Show her around, show her her bunk, stuff like that. Got it?"
"Uh- y-yeah. Yeah I got it" zigzag said, still staring at knuckles
All the other guys walked out of the tent laughing and making fun of zigzag. Is was just zigzag and knuckles
"So- your bunks right here. Right above mine" zigzag said with a small smile and a cute Texas accent laced in
"Cool" said knuckles with a smile
"Uh-uhm... yeah-" zigzag was still stumbling and searching for words
Knuckles laughed and said "relax zigzag I'm not gonna kill you"
"Yeah" zigzag laughed, "cmon, lemme show you around" and with that, zigzag grabbed knuckle's hand and ran off with her, both of them laughing like crazy

Thank you for reading!! This one is a bit long, trust me I know! There was so much in this chapter I can't 😂 I hope you guys enjoyed!!
Stay salty
Stay happy
Dig holes<33